What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Golden Child. Paramount Presents Bluray.

One of my childhood favourite and I still have a soft spot for it.

Transfer is awesome and the sound mix is very good.

Soldato
People who’ve been training for years to survive out in nature.

Who wants to watch a film where the other party can’t fight and just gets wiped out?
Yep would make a crap film but it's just what would naturally happen. Now if the predictor had some kind of code where he ditched all his advanced tech and had to use what the prey had at their disposal them yes could understand it.

Soldato
1/2 way through Ambulance.

Are we meant to care about the 2 main characters - because i don't!

We have the sob story of the Afghan vet with a wife with cancer - working dead end jobs, Government and insurance turning their back on them, yet within 2 mins he is on a bank heist, then shoots a cop and then takes hostages.

It's meant to be a fun ride, be in awe of their skills and moves to evade the police and ultimately rooting for them to escape - but tbh i hope Jake G and the brother both get wasted as they are ****** people :)

Will try and finish tonight.

Soldato
1/2 way through Ambulance.

Are we meant to care about the 2 main characters - because i don't!

We have the sob story of the Afghan vet with a wife with cancer - working dead end jobs, Government and insurance turning their back on them, yet within 2 mins he is on a bank heist, then shoots a cop and then takes hostages.

It's meant to be a fun ride, be in awe of their skills and moves to evade the police and ultimately rooting for them to escape - but tbh i hope Jake G and the brother both get wasted as they are ****** people :)

Will try and finish tonight.
How are you getting on with the relentless vomit inducing drone shots? :D

It's a real shame to see Gyllenhall do this rubbish, he's a far better actor than to reduce himself to this level.

Soldato
Prey,

Not bad, not great. Better than everything else that came after Predator 2.

Some nice visuals, I just think the last fight should have been harder.

I guess by that point he was missing a limb and a spear had been pushed right through it!

Soldato
yet within 2 mins he is on a bank heist, then shoots a cop and then takes hostages.
I thought it was his bro Jake that shot the cop no? I actually loved that movie but I watched it in an awesome theatre practically on my own. Good ol' fashioned action/chase movie. Too much drone, but hey. Eiza Gonzalez is pretty easy on the eyes too.

Soldato
Bullet Train.

Fun. Enjoyed it! Thought the reviews were a bit harsh.

7/10

Then, Luck.

Forgettable, poor Scottish accent, baffling plot at times, but the kids loved it. 5/10

Caporegime
Still the best out of them all

Yup, Cameron wanted the story wrapped up in the second, but as always the lure of money had the studio make him use an ending that could go either way in regards to a sequel vs his preferred ending which finished the story. Just about every sequel with the exception of Terminator: dustbowl (salvation) has been more or less a retread of elements of T2.

Soldato
Moonfall. A Roland Emmerich film, great entertainment.
Actually loved the scfi plot and hope they continue it, but doubt it will happen.
8/10 would watch again.

Back
Top Bottom