What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Nope (2022) - 6/10

A watchable social commentary film that can’t settle on what it wants to be.

It will hold your interest and has some entertaining ‘action’ scenes, but it’s not really a horror, the drama is downplayed and the ending is rather lighthearted.

The acting is great and the mystery unravels at a good pace, but the lack of a big reveal and focus on mostly irrelevant world building stories makes for a middling, albeit different, experience.

Caporegime
Bullet Train.

Didn't know if it wanted to be an action comedy, comic book movie or twisty action thriller.

So it tried to be all three and didn't really succeed at any. It has some funny moments but not many, it has a few decent twists and turns but nothing ground breaking and has some decent action, but is mostly farcical.

Also the trailer gave away far too much including the end scene...

6/10

Soldato
Has anyone seen Elvis ?
if so what are you thoughts ?
Watched this the other night, a bit disjointed but worth a watch imo, im no Elvis fan bar the few of his more popular hits, thankfully its less about his music and more about the exploitation of his stardom by those around him, frustratingly it only scratched the surface of the man himself.
Austin Butler did a stellar job, not the best Tom Hanks performance.

Soldato
Day Shift

Vampire hunter action flick with Jamie Foxx.

Bloody awesome and loved every minute

Thought it was proper boss too. Soundtrack is killer even the Nickelback ringtone from Dave Franco's character :D Some dodgy CGI here and there (the invisible vamps in the mirror bit) but thoroughly enjoyed this.

Much better than some of the turds Netflix has produced.

Soldato
Bullet Train.

Didn't know if it wanted to be an action comedy, comic book movie or twisty action thriller.

So it tried to be all three and didn't really succeed at any. It has some funny moments but not many, it has a few decent twists and turns but nothing ground breaking and has some decent action, but is mostly farcical.

Also the trailer gave away far too much including the end scene...

6/10

It tries so hard to Guy Ritchie, but fails. It's not bad by all means but all the story threads didn't mesh and flow all that well, and yep, nothing new.

Soldato
Day Shift - 4/10 - A few set pieces which worked well (the practical fight scenes with a good stunt crew) but far too many things which didn't, including poor CGI, horrible colour grading (teal/orange with saturation turned up to 1,000,000) and a really poor story. As someone else mentioned, the first 1/3 works better than the rest of the film which just gets worse as it goes on but, in a change to other comments, I quite liked Snoop being Snoop, Foxx being Foxx but I just can't abide Franco in any way, shape or form.

Permabanned
Death Wish (2018). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137450/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Not bad at all. I don't know how far Bruce Willis' aphasia had developed by then but it seemed like a credible performance.

I haven't seen many of his films since around the late 90s/early 2000s -possibly only Sin City and Planet Terror,
both of which I've seen once but recall enjoying, so it's difficult to make a comparison with his normal delivery and style.

I will have to check out the second Sin City movie. :)
Thanks. Just watched this, definitely wasn't bad a film.

Associate
Top Gun : Maverick , pretty much every cliche you could think of and if you didnt know what was going to happen 30 mins before it did happen you where probably asleep.
9/10 would have been 10/10 but the soundtrack is not a patch on the original , what i like to see at the cinema turn my brain off and enjoy the action.
First 5 minutes is cinema was best with Danger Zone.

Soldato
Prey

7/10 for the movie. A decent enough story, action and gore well executed and the short runtime was refreshing.

Audio a resounding 9/10. It sounded absolutely fantastic, great sound effects and some reference level bass energy. Superb.

Associate
13 Lives on Amazon Prime. A really good film (albeit 2.5 hours) recounting the story of the 12 thai boys and their coach trapped in a flooded cave and the rescue attempt that followed. Stellar cast with Colin Farrell, Viggo Mortensen and Joel Edgerton and directed by Ron Howard. Solid 8/10.

Back
Top Bottom