What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned

Thoroughly enjoyed that! The best since the first movie. I wasn't too sure about the predator design at first but it grew on me. His tech is so cool!!! Some great brutality and scenes. Top stuff.

Associate
County Lines is a good movie, a tough watch in places.

----------

Alone. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7711170/

I was a little hesitant before watching, I'm not sure why... but it turned out to be good.

The fear conveyed by the expressions evident on the woman's face are most certainly believable, and the feeling of dread is also enhanced so very well by the ambient sound/music used.
certainly had the grim factor....enjoyed it good film.

Man of Honour
Bullet Train (2022)

If you like Deadpool, John Wick, Nobody, Atomic Blonde etc then you'll probably enjoy this, as it's from the same director.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson probably steals the film from Brad Pitt and film steals from Snatch in terms of its humour.

I'll almost definitely watch it again when it comes out on home formats or streaming.

7/10

Caporegime
Two last night:

Lightyear

A sort of prequel to Toy Story in that it purports to be the film that the Buzz Lightyear toy was based on although, to me at least, it didn't actually feel like it was. I always thought Toy Story gave the impression that Buzz was from an ongoing TV show more than a film and while the catchphrases appear they don't play out in a way that seems to fit with the toy. Maybe that's a clever commentary on how toys distort their source material but for me it rather missed the mark. That said, overall, it was a fun movie, although nowhere near the highmark of Pixar's work.

6/10 Watchable but forgettable.

Prey

The Predator is back, this time in 18th century America. Well shot, with good characters, decent action and some clever pieces, it's worth your time. But while it's much better than some of the Predator franchise it isn't up there with the original movie. The near magical elements of Native American herbalism also felt a bit misplaced.

8/10 A return to form for the Predator franchise.

Last edited:
Soldato
A Good Woman Is Hard To Find - quite a bleak look at a young woman struggling with the aftermath of her husbands murder on a rough council estate, events unfold to put her in a bad position whereby she has to defend herself with dire consequences.

Excellent performance from the lead, movie meanders a little and doesn't go far but it doesn't need to, she carries the film on her shoulders - 7/10.

Permabanned
Another Prey watch, quite good 6/10

Only annoyance is I tried to watch with the Comanche dub but Disney+ decided it would subtitle all the noises as well [grass rustling] [bear roars] etc so it was too off putting. Couldn't seem to turn off the hearing impaired bits and just have English subs. So just watched the English version.

Soldato
Watched The Grey Man in two sittings over the weekend, passable action romp, predictable as they come but scratched an action itch. It was refreshing to see Evans do a bad guy role again and Ana De Armas could just sit and stare at the camera for an hour and i'd watch it. :D

The drone work was utterly tiresome, technically impressive but boring after the first few shots - nowhere as near as bad as Ambulance though.

Associate
Re watched Event Horizon 5/10

Once again I cant help thinking there was an excellent film in there somewhere but they sort of gave up at the halfway mark.

Back
Top Bottom