What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I saw the first 20 minutes of GOTG Vol 3.

Then I felt really hot and sick and had to tell the wife we needed to leave.

Unfortunately had a 25 minute drive home and my wife doesn't drive. Made it halfway home before needing to pull in and be very sick in a pub carpark.

Think they were initially concerned I had been drink driving or something, but the landlord gave me a water.

First 20 mins of the movie looked promising though :cry:

Caporegime
I saw the first 20 minutes of GOTG Vol 3.

Then I felt really hot and sick and had to tell the wife we needed to leave.

Unfortunately had a 25 minute drive home and my wife doesn't drive. Made it halfway home before needing to pull in and be very sick in a pub carpark.

Think they were initially concerned I had been drink driving or something, but the landlord gave me a water.

First 20 mins of the movie looked promising though :cry:
That's a really horrible situation to be in, such an unpleasant sensation.

Hope you're feeling alright now. :)

Soldato
Yep same didnt expect the outcome at all. Solid 7 from me aswell

Evil Dead Rise 7/10. - fresh take on a established genre. Pretty good movie with lots of Easter eggs and references to the original. Quite enjoyable.

9/10 for me! Thanks to the Angry Joe Show review, I went to watch it that night and couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 (2023) - 10/10

A fantastic last ride for the Guardians with a film with pretty much everything you could want in it and which delivers on all fronts. The plot is simple but has a lot going on and manages to be light hearted and emotionally poignant with both massive and personal stakes. Each character gets their own chance to shine and the acting is top notch with a villain whose motives are authentic yet flawed. The special effects are superb with every scene filled with odd characters, colourful settings and weird alien-ness and the action scenes are fast paced, frequent and involving. Some scenes do go on a bit long and it does feel a bit like a music video at times due to the heavy use of music, but none of the scenes felt unnecessary and the music was great. It knows when to be fun, when to be serious, when to be funny with frequent jokes and when to bow out.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
The Old Man & The Gun (2018) 7/10

Robert Redford stars as a real life criminal (Forrest Tucker) who was a notorious bank robber and escape artist. I'd never heard of Tucker's exploits until this film! When reading up on the man Redford's character is based, Tucker successfully escaped Alcatraz. :eek:

Very much a feel good, endearing movie. I really enjoyed but yearned for more punch akin to Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino (2008).

Suspended
Last Sentinel.

It's the future, and everything's gone to ****! Swamped by rising tidal waters due to global warming, the world has been reduced to just two land masses, perpetually at war with each other.

Somewhere in the middle of the vast ocean, four tired soldiers on a sea fort are waiting impatiently for their relief shift, which is now well overdue. They send regular reports to their superiors, but never receive a reply. The fort houses an insanely powerful nuclear weapon, which the soldiers are authorised to use as a last resort.

When their relief boat arrives empty and battered, the soldiers must unravel the mystery and make some difficult decisions about the feasibility of survival and escape.

I really wanted to like this movie. The premise was solid, and the tiny cast of four could have worked. But the pacing was too slow, and at 2 hours, it was at least 30 minutes too long. This could have been mitigated by a powerful ending, but lack of creative vision resulted in an anticlimactic wheeze rather than the powerful statement it could have been.

It doesn't help that the whole thing is riddled with implausible plot points and inconsistencies that detract from the immersion.

I rate Last Sentinel at 16.65 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a mediocre 5/10 on IMDB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom