What film did you watch last night?

Aliens DC - 8/10 - Awesome as always, I saw this as part of the Vue's "back to the big screen" series and, apart from the Norwich Vue cinema's sound system trying to scramble my brain and burst my eardrums with excess volume, it was awesome to watch this on the big screen, especially being the DC version with all the extra scenes added.
I'm off to see this at my local Everyman tonight. Can't wait. I have seen it so many times but I can't remember whether I've ever seen it at the cinema.

i lost a bet and had to watch The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)

10/10 its an amazing film about..... no no no i can't do this

really i would give it a generous 2 / 10

its about a mad scientist who crosses animal dna with human dna to make mutant hybrids

the story line a mess, and the i do think most of the people that did the acting only did it for the paycheck and did not really care about what garbage they actually made

for gods sake please don't watch it, you will find better things to do with a spare 1 hour 30 mins of your life than watch this dump a film

I haven't seen this, but there is also the 1977 version starring Burt Lancaster and Michael York. It has a bit higher rating on IMDB than the modern one.

Last edited:
I'm off to see this at my local Everyman tonight. Can't wait. I have seen it so many times but I can't remember whether I've ever seen it at the cinema.

It's well worth it on the big screen. Noticed so many things I didn't before. Must see imo.

It's taken a couple of days but I've just finished Clive Barkers "Night Breed".

It was actually the directors cut which apparently changes the story a lot, adding about 20 minutes to the run but also using about 25 minutes of alternate footage.

I have vague memories of watching it years ago, and from what I recall of that the Directors edition is considerably better and more coherent, the monsters came across as much more human than many of the humans, and some of the effects and make up were really good.
It's left me wanting to try and watch more of his films now :)

Just watched "training day". Only saw it once many years ago, remembered it as a really good film in which Denziel unusually plays a "not a good guy" roll, but totally forgot the story or the end.

Boy is it a great film.
One of my all time fav films of his, check out the other movies written by David Ayer, they have similar themes, highly recommend the following:

End of Watch
Harsh Times
Sabotage

Last edited:
Antman 3 quantum mania.. 4/10

Jeez that was the worst marvel movie yet actually on par with Black Panther for me.
Not a single good character, the humour was worse that usual .I absolutely stopped caring about any of these characters within minutes. Zero stakes non stop CGI everything boredom.

Antman 3 quantum mania.. 4/10

Jeez that was the worst marvel movie yet actually on par with Black Panther for me.
Not a single good character, the humour was worse that usual .I absolutely stopped caring about any of these characters within minutes. Zero stakes non stop CGI everything boredom.
Yes, was awful, though I think the Eternals was even worse. Marvel really have **** the bed over the last few years.

It's taken a couple of days but I've just finished Clive Barkers "Night Breed".

It was actually the directors cut which apparently changes the story a lot, adding about 20 minutes to the run but also using about 25 minutes of alternate footage.

I have vague memories of watching it years ago, and from what I recall of that the Directors edition is considerably better and more coherent, the monsters came across as much more human than many of the humans, and some of the effects and make up were really good.
It's left me wanting to try and watch more of his films now :)

I used to love reading CB's books as a kid many years ago:

The Thief of Always
Weaveworld
The Great And Secret Show
Imajica
Cabal

Don't know how they stand up today, but back then i was captivated by Barkers writing and vision.

Us - 6/10

Didn't click with me the second time but I guess a lot of the tension is ruined when you know what happens next. And having put it on for my other half (she'd not seen it), I had to put up with her nodding off every 10mins out of the corner of my vision :rolleyes: To be fair it was a lot more freaky than I remembered.

It's still a good film, but I think probably Get Out > Nope > Us for the Jordan Peele trilogy. I'll try to rewatch Nope this weekend to confirm.

Last edited:
Renfield - 7/10
Didn’t really know what this was about other than Nic Cage is in it as Dracula. Enjoyed it a fair bit. The actors all play their part well and the over the top violence and deaths make it a fun horror film.

Back
Top Bottom