What film did you watch last night?

Scream 6? 7? 6 or 7 out of 10
The latest one....

Damn these got really violent during the stabbing I've only seen 1 and 2 I don't think I was missing out too much :p
What a load of garbage but I was still shouting at the screen lol. Teen slasher jumpscare nonsense at its best.
Ha the whole point of them. For what they are (Silly slasher films) they are very well done.

I’m definitely in the camp of Part 1 being better than 2. I wouldn’t say it’s a 7.5/10 though, more a 9 while Part 1 is a 10. It’s one of my all-time favourites :)

Are you going to watch the new version of Part 3? Or the original?

Yeah it’s a very impressive film in a number of ways, I just think what they chose in the 50s section damages it a bit - too many important things unnecessarily not shown (I.e off screen). It doesn’t really explain Roth’s motives against Michael or what Fredo did, also it unnecessarily introduces the Cuba and hearing sections without telling the audience the background. I think that was deliberately done to make the film seem more ‘clever / nuanced’ than it actually is, but it just makes me perceive the film as aloof (and on the cusp of pretentious). I prefer the audience to be taken with the characters on their journey.

I haven’t watched the new version of part 3 so probably that :)

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a very impressive film in a number of ways, I just think what they chose in the 50s section damages it a bit - too many important things unnecessarily not shown (I.e off screen). It doesn’t really explain Roth’s motives against Michael or what Fredo did, also it unnecessarily introduces the Cuba and hearing sections without telling the audience the background. I think that was deliberately done to make the film seem more ‘clever / nuanced’ than it actually is, but it just makes me perceive the film as aloof (and on the cusp of pretentious). I prefer the audience to be taken with the characters on their journey.

I haven’t watched the new version of part 3 so probably that :)
Fredo was because he gave information about the family to Roth (a rather large no-no) and was jealous of Michael.

Roth’s motives were down to Michael having Mo Greene killed and him getting too involved in operations that had been in place way before he was on the scene. Respect etc etc

It’s been a while since I’ve watched 2. But I took the hearings to just be showing the extent of the crackdown on mob activities and showing Cuba was just to show the expansions he was making, if I remember rightly?

I think the ‘Death of Michael Corleone’ version of Part 3 is better. It’s still not perfect but definitely is a good film if taken on its own. Certainly better than a lot of the tripe these days!

Last edited:
The Banshees of Inisherin.

Great setting/cinematography and the performances were superb especially Barry Keoghan. Funny, sad and obviously a bit bizarre. Feels strange after actually enjoying watching it for what it was...it felt like it really didn't go anywhere.
I really liked this film. Definitely not for everyone though.

Last edited:
Fredo was because he gave information about the family to Roth (a rather large no-no) and was jealous of Michael.

Roth’s motives were down to Michael having Mo Greene killed and him getting too involved in operations that had been in place way before he was on the scene. Respect etc etc

It’s been a while since I’ve watched 2. But I took the hearings to just be showing the extent of the crackdown on mob activities and showing Cuba was just to show the expansions he was making, if I remember rightly?

I think the ‘Death of Michael Corleone’ version of Part 3 is better. It’s still not perfect but definitely is a good film if taken on its own. Certainly better than a lot of the tripe these days!

I thought Roth bringing up Mo Greene was his way of telling Michael to not go digging around in things that do not concern him (after Michael asked who have to go ahead to kill the guy who ends up at the airbase)… although obviously they were bluffing each other at this point. You may be right that this was his main issue with Michael, but it wasn’t particularly clear.

I understand that Fredo was hurt at being bypassed by his dad, but what info would he give that led to the attempted hit? Sounds like he did a meeting behind Michael’s back, which is a betrayal sure, but it also sounded like Fredo didn’t have a clue about an actual hit. Again, it’s unclear exactly what Fredo did.

You’re right on the hearing and Cuba, but it just isn’t made obvious to the audience immediately it’s going to happen, it just jumps to Cicci in front of the committee out of nowhere and they explain Cuba a little later on after they get there. I don’t need everything handed to me as I watch but it’s just a little disjointed - makes you question whether you have missed something as you’re watching it… but you haven’t. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nowhere near as maddening as in something like Nolan’s Tenet (which is really obtuse in how it gives the audience it’s key info).

It’s good to have a film that prompts discussion and interpretations I guess :)

Last edited:
Resident Evil: Death Island - 6.5/10

It's a CGi movie, essentially just feels like game scenes stitched together but it's decent enough, better than any of the live action attempts.

'Death of Michael Corleone' hadn't realised they had released a different cut. Rewatch it is.

The Wall - 1/10.

The lowest rating I've ever given, because this film made me quite angry.

It's an agenda-driven film, from a writer and director that clearly has an anti-Western bias.

In the film, this translates to:
A super-intelligent Iraqi terrorist (sniper) who outwits, and single-handedly destroys multiple squads of US soldiers, two helicopters, and civilians, whilst quoting philosophy and English literature over the soldier's own radio. Who repeatedly mocks the US soldiers for their incompetence, and how morally bankrupt they/the West is, and that Iraqis were only ever peaceful people who the US brutally invaded for no reason. The terrorist reveals that he was an innocent school teacher and the US murdered all the children in his school. He became a sniper for great justice to remove the evil West from his peaceful, lawful country.

The squad of allied soldiers get themselves killed whilst being extremely dumb and genuinely incompetent, whilst apologising for the being so morally bankrupt, over the radio in conversation with the terrorist.

Honestly, they might as will have just said, "The West is criminal and stupid" for an hour, and spared us this shocking awful film.

Also the sniper wins at the end, having destroyed the two helicopters and reinforcements, and then is able to (himself) call in more reinforcements which the film implies will meet the same fate. Because he can speak like an American, and that's all you need to send orders, apparently.

I'm usually the first to mock films glorifying the US/western wars, but this was utterly appalling in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
I watched the first half of john wick 4, the mrs fell asleep so i had to stop it. we've been watching them all over the last few weeks and they're nothing special, its just the same film over and over with the action turned up a notch each time i do like donnie yen though so im enjoying his parts.

Watched Sisu last night whilst riding my bike in the garage.
Decent premise and homage to a Sergio Leone spaghetti western / Tarantino gore fest. Some fantastic action but strayed to far into unbelievable action towards the end especially the
bit at the end which really was beyond even the likes of Mission Impossible or F&F 23
Worth a watch if you like John Wick type action and gore

Back
Top Bottom