What film did you watch last night?

Said it before but I really enjoyed it up until the very last few minutes, then I was like wtf and it ruined the whole movie, I was trying to figure it out the whole way through, but I was not expecting that.

I was really enjoying it as well, would have been a solid 7 at least.

I think I'm in the minority though.

I've intentionally been vague not to cause any spoilers.

100% get what you mean, but they had to do something I guess.

100% get what you mean, but they had to do something I guess.

The whole way through the movie I had assumed it was his son that burned in the caravan, I think that is intentional as well, as you never see his son in the present, only the flash backs. But even right up until the end, even to the part you see him in the caravan, I was thinking, did he somehow switch with someone else at the last second??? I was trying to figure out what they would do. I still had no idea what was going to happen, even when his eyes went black in the church scene right at the end.

But up until that very last few scenes the movie otherwise isn't a horror or even hints at it, so it completely threw me off, but not in a good way.

The other thing that then doesn't make sense is, right at the end it alludes to the fact he's been dead for 10 years (which ties in with his son being much older), but why doesn't anyone seem to question the fact he's somehow back even though they all saw him dead and burried him?

And one of the scenes at the start when he murders the guy with the kitchen knife in the mouth, before that the guy is seen talking to the guys son, who runs home
That kid looks to have been about 14? Yet when he gets home he says he thinks it was Bull, although if that was 10 years ago that kid would have been about 4 years old.

It's a shame because as I said I was really enjoying the movie up until literally the last few minutes.

Being a J Law fan i watched this after reading your post, yes it was cheesy and predictable but enjoyable light hearted viewing which made me chuckle a few times. Jen L was great in it and the young man was good.
I duck'd this film earlier and was really quite surprised to note that Jude Law was not in it at all, until I realised it was J(ennifer) Law(rence) :D

The MEG 2018 - 7/10 Decent enjoyable flick with a good buildup. Always get it confused with another water film underwater so watched both.

Underwater 2020 8/10 Kristen Stewart is good in this. good action and tension buildup and for its budget really well done.

Mom and Dad 6/10

Weird film, kind of like a scriptwriter came up with an idea on a napkin, told his director friend but said he still needed to work out the details and the guy just went "no, no, that's great. let's film it tomorrow"

There is a core idea, and not much else. Gets a 6 purely because Blair and Cage are both good. Also weird ass soundtrack, like someone took 10 sec clips of dubstep tracks and pasted them in.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem - 6.5 / 10

Enjoyable animated romp in the TMNT 'reboot'? The story was run of the mill but enjoyable enough, it had a touch of the Spiderman : Across the Spiderverse manic quality to the action, which I wonder is appealing to todays ADHD generation :p but I just loved the animation style, which seemed a blend of old school cell drawing, claymation but using modern 3D effects.
Yeah the animation style was the best thing about it really.

Story was ok, movie could have been a lot funnier as most jokes didn't land for me....except Splinters love interest at the end :eek:

I'd probably push it to 7/10. Good soundtrack.

Shamelessly stolen from another forum but as I spend most of my time on Overclockers thought I would see if it gets going on here, unfortunately this isn't the most popular board but heres hoping. I'll start.

Last night I watched The Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray. I enjoyed, good mix of story, action, comedy etc very much a hollywood film but they cut a lot of the fluff and made it very streamlined and entertaining. It won't go down as a classic but definately an enjoyable experience. On the Blu-Ray side, picture is fantastic and the sound definately gets you immersed in the action scenes, notably the Hulk roar when he smashes out of the glass overpass and when he slaps his hands to put out the fire, had my mate and I smiling :)

So, what did you watch last night? (And feel free to give opinions).
I watched 'Train to Busan' last night, great show......

Heat - 9/10

You know I could have sworn I'd seen this when I was younger but I remember none of this so maybe I'm getting it confused with another film. Ridiculously star studded film, the two leads are obviously fantastic and the film maintains an impressive grip on you as it ebbs and flows between the action and the emotional scenes.

Gran Tourismo - 7/10. Not a masterpiece but still pretty enjoyable particularly if you like motorsports. Some weak points in the story which isn't necessary but it's still portrays the overall heros journey pretty well.

Mom and Dad 6/10

Weird film, kind of like a scriptwriter came up with an idea on a napkin, told his director friend but said he still needed to work out the details and the guy just went "no, no, that's great. let's film it tomorrow"

There is a core idea, and not much else. Gets a 6 purely because Blair and Cage are both good. Also weird ass soundtrack, like someone took 10 sec clips of dubstep tracks and pasted them in.
This is the American version of the original Mum and Dad which is a British film.

I can't bring myself to watch the American one but the original is brilliant.

Heat - 9/10

You know I could have sworn I'd seen this when I was younger but I remember none of this so maybe I'm getting it confused with another film. Ridiculously star studded film, the two leads are obviously fantastic and the film maintains an impressive grip on you as it ebbs and flows between the action and the emotional scenes.
Love Heat, I still go back to it and watch the action scenes

Last night was TMNT Mutant Mayhem. The art style was pretty cool, but I feel like it was a bit heavy on dark scenes. Maybe I'm getting old, but some of the fast cuts meant I couldn't always take in what was on the screen.

Tonight was Gran Turismo, much more enjoyable than anticipated. I remember the feeling of when they announced the GT academy and now I've just had a flashback to when someone wrote over my save file on my memory card >.<

Reactions: Kyo
The Departed. They just don’t make em like they used to. What a film

The holywood adaptation was good but imo the Hong Kong original "Internal Affairs" was better. The storyline made a little more sense . Classic Tony Leung and Andy Lau. Highly recommend it if you havent seen it before.
The interaction between the Mafia plant and that undercover cop was more intense and their game of cat and mouse was gripping. they were complete polar opposite to one another.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom