What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Alien Resurrection https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118583/

I'm pretty tolerant if something isn't up to standard when compared to previous entries in a film series,
but, oh my, I thought this was poor. I think I watched part of it quite a while ago, and didn't think too badly of it at the time,
but that's not what I think now.

I couldn't be bothered to finish it. Laughable at times, though maybe they were trying to add a degree of humour into it/lower budget,
I don't know…

Last edited:

I'm pretty tolerant if something isn't up to standard when compared to previous entries in a film series,
but, oh my, I thought this was poor. I think I watched part of it quite a while ago, and didn't think too badly of it at the time,
but that's not what I think now.

I couldn't be bothered to finish it. Laughable at times, though maybe they were trying to add a degree of humour into it/lower budget,
I don't know…
I don't think it was as bad as prometheus or the others following that.

Definitely the first 2 and kinda the 3rd can't be perfected or ever reach those heights of class.

The Towering Inferno (1974)

Technically impressive for it's time and neither of us fell asleep, considering it's near three hours run time. So it must have had something going for it. According to my wife, Steve McQueen is more handsome than Paul Newman.

7/10

Mystic River (2003)

A film I've avoided over the years thinking it would be too harrowing to watch.

I thought the film was about a young child being abducted and possibly murdered and the film centered around the parents anguish and the child's suffering.

Well deserving of the praise and awards it received at the time and I'm glad I've now watched it.

8/10
Mystic River is a film I've not seen in years and absolutely fantastic but very, very dark.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Freelance - 7/10

Typical cheesy John Cena hero film, made me laugh a few times and was entertaining, perfect for a lazy evening on the sofa.

Caporegime

I don't know…

It's budget was $70 million.

For comparison sake Aliens 3 was $50 million (5 years earlier) and Aliens was $18.5 million (11 years earlier.)

It was not a low budget movie by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mortal Engines - Worth a watch I guess.

I thought this one was no worse than any of the many other ‘aimed at children / dark fantasy’ series like the Hunger Games etc, but wow did it get a negative critical response and make a huuuge loss.

Maybe people were just bored of ‘epic stories’ at this point and found it derivative? I don’t know - probably more likely that my blinkers were on having read the book as a child.

Wife said it was ‘meh’ after watching at the cinema… we went on the basis that I thought it was the sort of thing she would like.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Green Lantern - 4/10

Just occasionally there's a really good or funny line that pops up out of nowhere, before it all settles back into mediocrity. The CGI is pretty shonky in places for 2011 as well. But Ryan Reynolds does his absolute best with the material.

And it's not as bad as The Great Wall.

Back
Top Bottom