What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Prestige - 7/10 very good film, watched it in 2006 when it came out, rememberd most of it, was still just as good on this 2nd viewing. Didn't know Nolan directed it. Its on iPlayer now so be quick!

Associate
Sweet Smell of Success - Superb movie. Razor sharp script. Criterion have done wonders on the blu-ray for this as well. 9/10

Associate
The 39 Steps - Amazing film. Really kept up the pace and the pressure. Some good dry wit here and there and a good script a round. The action was surprisingly good for 75 years ago and there were some clever shots in there too.

Batman Begins - Love it. It does a very good job of showing how Bruce Wayne could conceivably become Batman with some not overly outlandish tools at his disposal. It's also a very good film in it's own right, in spite of being a superhero film, which is very rare. It's grown up and "adult" without needing blood and torture and boobs.

Is that the Richard Donat version?(The 39 Steps) ,a smashing film for sure,i have it on dvd,i can see it from here on a shelf above my monitor,going to find time at the weekend to watch it again.
Another film i have on dvd from that time period,well it was made as a propaganda film in the early 40,s,is Went The Day Well,a little cheesy,but great entertainment.

Caporegime
Harry Brown was "alright" I suppose.

Tonight; Man on Fire Epic, amazing, beautiful, moving. It's like Taken's bigger 'arder brother.
In the Loop :D Funny! Really enjoyed some of it.

Not had too much time for films recently, REALLY enjoyed Tucker and Dale V Evil though, can't recommend it enough.

22 Bullets wasn't too bad either, but just I don't know, Lacked something.

Pray, Eat, Love or whatever it's sodding called, should be called, pray, eat, vomit, mind numbingly dull and eventual suicide. meh.

Tomorrow, however :D I'm planning on forcing my better half to watch Pokemon films, probably the first 1/2/3/4/5 that I have on DVD :) as she let me down today (boo hoo :( ) so she said It's my choice of film, getting all this Pokemon in pre new game's next month. Excited in a very childish, geeky way.

Caporegime
Is that the Richard Donat version?(The 39 Steps) ,a smashing film for sure,i have it on dvd,i can see it from here on a shelf above my monitor,going to find time at the weekend to watch it again.
Another film i have on dvd from that time period,well it was made as a propaganda film in the early 40,s,is Went The Day Well,a little cheesy,but great entertainment.

Yeah, it was the 1935 Hitchcock version with Richard Donat. I'll look out for that Went The Day Well.

Back
Top Bottom