What film did you watch last night?

lockstock for the 20th + time. itv2 right now

A fantastic film. Seen it a few times now.

I watched I am number four. First half is pretty slow, they could have made better use of the time but second half was when things got moving (and why I wanted to watch the film in the first place :D)

Good entertainment (just about) - 7/10

This isn't a review thread, it's a 'what film did you watch last night?' thread. :p

Some people chose to give a detailed sentence or two as to why they liked/disliked a film, which is fine, and some poeple just say whether they liked it or not and don't particularly give any particular reasons as to why, which is also fine.

Easyrider is a troll.

But don't worry, that's just a 'Reality term'.

Interesting response.

Lacking in depth and articulation and truth but hey...:p

All I wanted was a a few reasons why a British Film like Harry Brown...Loved my Crtics and Film fans is deemed as crap.

I am genuinely interested about what was not to like. The cinematography is amazing. The Performance of Michael Caine is superb.

Its a Vigilante film. Its a great Film and is worthy of its reviews. All good I might add.

Harry Brown was slow, dull and predictable, a bit like Radioheads new album.

Putting the lulz aside, Caine was superb, but then we knew that would be the case before the film was released, right?

oh and what phone did the young guy have, cos I want one - it filmed Len's murder in what looked to be 1080p:o

Michael Caine has an amazing screen presence, he's very rarely bad in anything and he can carry a film, I think this is a fairly good example of this. We knew he'd be very good before.

I think the film was fairly well shot, I just failed to enjoy the content, I thought it was very dull and lacked pace, I thought the approach was all wrong, they should have explained why these young people turned out like this. Instead it went for a revenge style thriller and I found it just unbelievable in a film such as this.

I don't think it's an important film, I don't think it's a great film, I think it was well shot and well acted in the Caine aspect, do we really expect anything else with certain films? of course it would be shot with some nice shots, it would look polished and given the acting talent, be well acted. It lacked content and the approach was wrong imho.

A similar film, with similar theme's could be Dead man's shoes which I feel is much much better, in style, acting and creates a moving and engrossing story.

I also think if you're going down the revenge style film, Man on Fire look no further.

All in all, well shot and acted, dull in places. Wrong approach given the story line, which let it down, nothing more then "decent" at best.

Just watched Jackass 3D, it was pretty good although not as good as the first 2. The "volcano" and the midgets in the bar when the cops and paramedics came in was the funniest I thought.

Yeah I watched this last night too ;)

It got just as many laughs out me as the first 2, so i'd say it was on par. The 'Volcano' and the doggy/bungee/portable loo were both pushing the boundaries what I can actually watch, found myself gagging instead of laughing.

Funniest for me had to be Bam's Hi5, electric avenue and pretty much all of the high speed stuff.

Good laugh, always worth it :D

Green Zone - Very disapointed far too much talking and not enough action

Daybreakers - Enjoyed this but poor ending

Aliens - Nothing to say :) always good to watch

The Game - My wife had stuck this on our Lovefilm list as she'd not seen it before. She wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I've seen it oodles of times before, and I think it doesn't really bear up well to repeated watches. It's not bad, but it's not great, and some of it seems just a bit too far fetched.

Havent watched a film in ages as i have been watching Battlestar galactica from start to finish including all webisodes and the movies.

However im going out drinking tonight and when i come in i fully intend watching...

THE KILLER http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097202/

Dont know why i turn to this film when im drunk but i do, must have seen it 40 or 50 times and i still love it.

9/10

The Game - My wife had stuck this on our Lovefilm list as she'd not seen it before. She wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I've seen it oodles of times before, and I think it doesn't really bear up well to repeated watches. It's not bad, but it's not great, and some of it seems just a bit too far fetched.

I liked the game, micheal douglas??
Just like the twist at the end, didn't see it coming when I first watched it.

Rise of the footsoldiers - good British film! 7/10

Harry Brown - Excellent British Film very gritty! 8/10

Going to watch Essex boys tonight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom