What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Dvdworldusa claim to have the raid multi region blu ray in stock.Even their faq page says the sell upto 3 weeks early,If true how do they get away with it?

Soldato
A few from the weekend:-

The Muppets - I was slightly disappointed by this after some of the reviews I had read, I don't know why as it had a few moments. Overall it was OK. 3/5

Police Academy - Well over 20 years since I saw this and I have to say it was surprisingly good. Had me laughing a lot! 4/5

Pirates in An Adventure With Scientists - Up to the usual very high Ardman standard, some excellent visual gags and a lot of fun! 5/5

Soldato
Alien³ 6.3/10

3 could have been so much better, wish they did away with the religious aspect of it.

the religous aspect, couple with the point of them having no weapons is the point of the film.

the prisoners think the alien is sent because 0f their sins.

the directors cut is the one to watch though.

dark knight rises 8.8/10

Soldato
the religous aspect, couple with the point of them having no weapons is the point of the film.

the prisoners think the alien is sent because 0f their sins.

the directors cut is the one to watch though.

dark knight rises 8.8/10

still hisses like **** on the blu-ray. so annoying as the movie isnt too bad (compared to alien4)

Soldato
The Kingdom - 7.5/10

Good bit of viewing, nothing to knock about it. Not a world beater, and not Peter Berg's best, but good for a lazy Sunday evening.

Scene in which Jennifer Garner's character fights the massive bloke was easily the stand out, brutal action.

Associate
In the last week

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

Last few weeks..

Drive - Slowing becoming one of my fav films.
Alien - Stunning as ever.
Aliens - Cool film, love it.
Alien 3 - Not a good as I remember, started to fast forward bits.
Alien Resurrection - Switch off 3rd of the way through.
Kill Bill - Would like to see the full colour fight or even the Whole Bloody Affair which I doubt will ever get done.
Chopper - I have it on DVD but Flm4 put it on, decided to record and watch it, yet another fav film of mine. Eric Bana's best performance imo.

Caporegime
Superman: The Movie. Probably not watched this since childhood. It was funnier and wittier than I remembered. Christopher Reeve and Gene Hackman were both great. Really want to see Superman 2 now.

Soldato
Superman: The Movie. Probably not watched this since childhood. It was funnier and wittier than I remembered. Christopher Reeve and Gene Hackman were both great. Really want to see Superman 2 now.

How did the film hold up? My kids are really into Superman and want to watch the film, I was torn between showing them this and just waiting for the new one. I was unsure about this as I didn't want to ruin my own memories of this looking old and dated.

Back
Top Bottom