What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Just finished Godzilla Minus One. It was awesome, a proper band together to achieve a common goal flick. There's some depth to characters and some predictable 'surprises' but they aren't totally cringe worthy, they feel deserved rewards.

Godzilla looks, sounds and acts like a creature of the sea. No morals or motive beyond stomping and throwing ****.

I'd watch this again. 7/10.

Soldato
Civil War

Didn't really know what to make of it. I kept asking myself for the entire film, why is this happening? There was no back story at all.......from what I remember!

Also having shot film quite a bit, the kid didn't have a motor drive on her camera, so there's no way she got those question action sequences. And she was popping off shots left right and centre. You only get 35 shots per roll! Little gripes.

6/10 too.

Soldato
Bike Riders - Really enjoyed that, the time flew by. Jodie Comer was great, Tom Hardy was Tom Hardy, and Austin Butler is quickly getting typecast as 'smouldering bloke', but was perfectly fine. I think the supporting cast made it for me.

Associate
Rewatched highwaymen Costner and Harrelson (sp ?). Decent film, and the actually clips of bonnie and clyde and the car at the end, shows how revered they were at the time.

Associate
Under Paris (2024) - 5/10
A French shark horror film of two halves. The underwater scenes were great and overall the film looked impressive, especially the promotional shots of Paris.

The plot was mostly good, starting off with a strong ecological message, but gets ridiculously over the top towards the end. Whilst this makes it more entertaining and fun, it kind of undermines the point it was trying to make by turning the shark from a victim into a villain.

Plenty of human drama, good acting and special effects, but not much tension.

Associate
Trigger Warning (2024) - 3/10

A tired premise with a slow and clichéd plot, weak acting and weak writing.

There’s some action scenes and the hand to hand fights were entertaining, but there wasn’t anywhere near enough of them and the special effects looked cheap.

Mostly boring and with glaring plot holes, it struggled to hold my interest.

Soldato
Trigger Warning (2024) - 3/10

A tired premise with a slow and clichéd plot, weak acting and weak writing.

There’s some action scenes and the hand to hand fights were entertaining, but there wasn’t anywhere near enough of them and the special effects looked cheap.

Mostly boring and with glaring plot holes, it struggled to hold my interest.
I knew it wasn't going to be great with the opening scene. After that sniper shot the rest of the team just vanishes until everything is all over. With predicable results. Then it's Unprofessionalism 101.
That left me really shaking my head.
JA still looks amazing though.

Back
Top Bottom