What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Skyfall 9/10

A real Bond movie after so many years, very refreshing and looking forward to the next one.

1 point removed for the ridiculous level of product placement and emphasis there on.

"LOOK AT BONDS WRIST DO YOU SEE IT HE'S WEARING AN OMEGA WATCH HANG ON I'LL GIVE YOU A SECOND ARE YOU SURE YOU'VE SEEN IT NOW?!"

**** off and die.

Soldato
Ruby Sparks

Pretty awesome, shades of Stranger than Fiction of course but very good in it's own right. Has the same quirkiness as Little Miss Sunshine but not so in your face "LOOK AT ME I'M A HIPSTER CLASSIC LOL" that makes me hate it.

Solid 7.5/10, enjoyed it very much.

Soldato
Bladerunner - first time I've seen it. Yeah I know, I know :o

I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to. I felt like I was waiting for it to begin the entire time.

But now you've seen things that people would not believe, replicants on fire off the shoulder of orion, c-beams glistening in the darkness of a neon flooded cityscape, all those moments were yours, and you can watch them again, time to sleep ;)

XPE

XPE

Soldato

I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to. I felt like I was waiting for it to begin the entire time.

Kind of like me and the shinning, when you spend so many year hearing about the film when you finally see it will it ever live up to those standards?

Soldato
Amazing spiderman: 5/10 glad I didn't see this in the cinema, thought it was distinctly average. Baddy was pretty boring, cgi effects were shoddy a lot of the time and I didn't think what's his name played Peter Parker well at all.

The campaign: 7/10 pretty funny as expected from such a cast.

Soldato

Kind of like me and the shinning, when you spend so many year hearing about the film when you finally see it will it ever live up to those standards?

Experienced the same thing with Blade Runner, massively hyped for me over the years, finally got round to it, watched it, spent the entire filming waiting for it to hit me, so much so that I was distracted and came away underwhelmed,

Watched it again recently and appreciated it much more.

Associate
Experienced the same thing with Blade Runner, massively hyped for me over the years, finally got round to it, watched it, spent the entire filming waiting for it to hit me, so much so that I was distracted and came away underwhelmed,

Watched it again recently and appreciated it much more.

Same, and conversely when everyone pans a film and i see it expecting the worst i'm often pleasantly surprised (eg prometheus)

It's all new relatively new releases though, i wish there were older movies of the calibre of Blade Runner that i hadn't already seen.

Oh and barely worth mentioning. The campaign...3/10

Soldato
Same, and conversely when everyone pans a film and i see it expecting the worst i'm often pleasantly surprised (eg prometheus

Same here, just watched Prometheus, thought it was pretty good. 8/10

Not sure why all fuss from the Alien fans tbh.... I love the Alien franchise, but I can differentiate between the two. I don't need every single question answered.

Also don't understand why my strongly atheist colleague went off on one when he saw it either. Too much of a religious overtone to it.... Didn't see it that way myself.

Back
Top Bottom