What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Same, and conversely when everyone pans a film and i see it expecting the worst i'm often pleasantly surprised (eg prometheus)

It's all new relatively new releases though, i wish there were older movies of the calibre of Blade Runner that i hadn't already seen.

Oh and barely worth mentioning. The campaign...3/10

Blade Runner is probably the most ridiculously timeless film, you watch it now, you'd never think it was created in 1982, the way it's shot along with the special effects and set designers, amazing.

I still find gems here and there from the past. hadn't seen the Last Boy Scout until a couple of months ago, just a throw away stick it on, see what it's like thing, I was blown away, found out afterwards it was written by Shane Black.

Soldato
Skyfall - 7.5/10

I enjoyed it despite a third act which totally failed to deliver. To me, it felt like Bond for the modern age, not the semi-Bourne-esque nature of the last two films; it was Bond updated and revised. All the trademarks of Bond were there but never in a tongue in cheek way. I also enjoyed how it gave us a sense that the James Bond in this film is the same James Bond who'd lived through the past 50 years worth of missions - he's grizzled, out of step, road worn and battle hardened. We've never had a Bond like that before, so it was a good evolution of the character.

I though Bardem was pretty good as a villain, he did ham it right up in places but the scene when he and Bond first meet, particularly the hint of sexual tension, was not only surprising but interesting for a Bond baddie.

Little nods to the past were good too.

daz

daz

Soldato
Frost/Nixon

Really good drama. You wouldn't have thought a film about a series of interviews would be so riveting, but it is. :)

Soldato
I watched "back to the future" last night along with "the breakfast club" :)
Two brilliant movies - I absolutely love Back To The Future. Takes me way back - even had the Panini sticker album. In fact, time to open the Blu Ray box set my last employer gave to me as a leaving gift over a year ago :)

Associate
Paranormal Activity 3 - As it was Halloween I thought I'd give a horror a go. But calling it a horror is a bit of stretch as it's so predictable it became quite funny. 3/10

The Dictator - Wow. I've sat through some terrible films but I couldn't manage this. Absolute garbage. 2/10

Caporegime
Skyfall - 7.5/10

I enjoyed it despite a third act which totally failed to deliver. To me, it felt like Bond for the modern age, not the semi-Bourne-esque nature of the last two films; it was Bond updated and revised. All the trademarks of Bond were there but never in a tongue in cheek way. I also enjoyed how it gave us a sense that the James Bond in this film is the same James Bond who'd lived through the past 50 years worth of missions - he's grizzled, out of step, road worn and battle hardened. We've never had a Bond like that before, so it was a good evolution of the character.

I though Bardem was pretty good as a villain, he did ham it right up in places but the scene when he and Bond first meet, particularly the hint of sexual tension, was not only surprising but interesting for a Bond baddie.

Little nods to the past were good too.

I agree that it was very good, but that it lost its way a bit at the end.

Associate
Cockneys Vs Zombies - I love zombie films so was hesitant but looking forward to seeing this, and ended up really enjoying it. Bit slow at times but liked the humour, and Michelle Ryan was looking rather tasty :) A fun film, 7/10

Back
Top Bottom