What film did you watch last night?

Kings Speech

The wife put this on, I was just gonna sit on YouTube looking at random vids but found myself engrossed in the film. Excellent, easy to watch film that draws you in and doesn't let go.

Well impressed - 8.5/10

Silent Hill: Revelation:- 6/10 - A good addition to the series even though it did have some cheesey bits. Quite enjoyable for fans of the first film. I managed to see the 2D screening instead of 3D!

The Station Agent: 7.5/10 - Great film about an isolated dwarf who inherits a train depot. Great performance from Game Of Thrones Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage)

Recreator - 2/10

Three kids come across a secret lab that clones them, but into superior versions of themselves.

Nothing to see here, move along. I did make it to the credits though without nodding off so that is something I suppose.

In a lensip fuelled / insomnia induced state I managed to "watch" both Tokyo Gore Police and The Machine Girl over the weekend (both at around 3AM).

Now I don't know if its the lensip / lack of sleep talking, but I have absolutely no idea what was going on in TGP and only a vague recollection of The Machine Girl.

After reading the wiki articles I now know what was meant to be going on, but I must admit, I enjoyed both in a "this is just stupid / why am I watching this" kind of way.

Perhaps I should try watching Prometheus again whilst in the same state. Should be a cure for my insomnia at least.

Kings Speech

The wife put this on, I was just gonna sit on YouTube looking at random vids but found myself engrossed in the film. Excellent, easy to watch film that draws you in and doesn't let go.

Well impressed - 8.5/10

i was the same. didnt think i would watch it for long but got engrossed and a bit choked up at the end. some great acting in it!

8.5/10 for me too.

Total Recall - 7/10 in terms of comparison to what I remember of original. 8.5/10 as a stand alone action sci-fi film (and for Kate's ass....)

House of Dead 2.. 1/10 gets a generous '1' simply for the brief 'sighting' of Theo Rossi, bet he looks back on this film with shivers!

Last night i saw Skyfall. I thought it was fantastic, the VW Beetle product placement was hilarious though as was the heli/house explosion.
Classic blunt Bond like the older films, very good action, baddy was so good and screwed in the head and the story was more than acceptable.

9/10
Ticks all of the boxes for a Bond film.

Rock of Ages - 7.5/10

Bizarrely entertaining and quality 80's rock theme to it. Cruise plays a good part as well.

Back
Top Bottom