What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Norte: The End of History.

At over 4 hours long, I watched this in two sittings, with the Godfather 3 in between, lol.

It's a very slow movie but if you've got the patience, it's a deep and rewarding experience. Very disturbing and violent at times and lots of lingering camera shots a bit like in 12 years a slave. This is a subtitled Phillipino film which has won many awards. There's philosophy, religion, madness, anger, the daily struggle of a family trying to put food on the table, all sorts of things, with a main story of murder and the wrong person imprisoned. 8/10

Last edited:
Associate
Flight.
Really enjoyed it actually and DW was great as ever. Started to feel like I'd need to start going to AA meetings as I was pretty much keeping pace with the alcohol consumption at the time of watching.

Locke.
A fairly cringy Welsh accent going on but soon got used to it. I liked buried and phone booth so was pretty much a given I'd like this. Nice that it was only 85mins too.

Soldato
Horrible Bosses 2

I was pleasantly surprised with the first film and watched the 2nd with the Mrs last night.

Not as good as the first, but plenty of lol moments and more of Jennifer Anniston talking durty - whats not to like

7.5/10

Soldato
The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, both 6/10. Got a bit miffed that because it is set up as a series of films there is never really a conclusion to each film. The fighting scenes were frustrating as they have obviously had to adhere to strict rules for it to fall as a 12 certificate.

The Theory of Everything 8/10. Majestic lead performance and is worthy of awards given the amazing facial expressions and contortions. The film is based on the book written by his ex wife and the film is also incredibly focussed on her struggle as well as Stephens. Amazing acting.

Associate
House at the End of the Street - 4/10

Dreadful film which is only saved by somewhat competent acting. 4/10 seems generous but I've seen far worse so on that basis it's a fair enough score.

Soldato
Richie Rich (1994)

I remember I went to the cinema to watch this and loved it as a kid, fantasising about life as a billionaire and blowing it all on daft kids things (your own home McDonald's? Wow).

Not a bad family movie, not great either! 5/10

Home Alone 2 Lost in New York

Yeah it was a Caulkin night! Love both the home alone films, (I won't acknowledge a third, that's just a depressing remake). It's not as good as the first but it's still good enough to keep me rewatching it dozens of times now, like a xmas time tradition.

7/10

Soldato
Watched The Departed for the first time over christmas break. May be my favourite film ever, don't think I've felt invested like that before. Nicholson and Damon are amazing. 9.5/10

Associate
Watched The Departed for the first time over christmas break. May be my favourite film ever, don't think I've felt invested like that before. Nicholson and Damon are amazing. 9.5/10

I watched it when it was on over Christmas also. I had seen it twice before though. I seem to like this film the more I watch it, absolutely brilliant. All of the lead cast's performances are outstanding.

9/10

Caporegime
House at the End of the Street - 4/10

Dreadful film which is only saved by somewhat competent acting. 4/10 seems generous but I've seen far worse so on that basis it's a fair enough score.

Yeah I watched that too (was doing other things as well, it didn't demand my full attention).

As you said, acting was mostly OK but the film itself was awful. 3-4/10 is about right.

Back
Top Bottom