What film did you watch last night?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Mission Impossible 5 : Rogue Nation - One of the best movies I have seen this year so far imo. It raised the bar for the competition. It is possibly the best in the series. Tom Cruise shows why he pulls in the crowd and keeps pushing the boundaries. Christopher McQuarrie has really out did himself in producing a great cast, story and production. Rebecca Ferguson excels and more than holds her own against Cruise.

Great movie and popcorn flick. I just hope 007 later this year will be as good. 9/10

Last edited:
Caporegime
Warrior. Second time I've seen it. Outstanding. Great fighting with real stakes. Tom Hardy's rage and Joel Edgerton's desperation are palpable throughout and it lends real weight to what is going on because they are really fighting for something, rather than the fighting being an end to itself. Tom Hardy is ridiculously built as well, just massive.

I cried at the end. Like, a lot.

Suspended
Mission Impossible 5 : Rogue Nation - One of the best movies I have seen this year so far imo. It raised the bar for the competition. It is possibly the best in the series. Tom Cruise shows why he pulls in the crowd and keeps pushing the boundaries. Christopher McQuarrie has really out did himself in producing a great cast, story and production. Rebecca Ferguson excels and more than holds her own against Cruise.

Great movie and popcorn flick. I just hope 007 later this year will be as good. 9/10

Judging from the trailer this does look fantastic I want to go and see it!

Warrior. Second time I've seen it. Outstanding. Great fighting with real stakes. Tom Hardy's rage and Joel Edgerton's desperation are palpable throughout and it lends real weight to what is going on because they are really fighting for something, rather than the fighting being an end to itself. Tom Hardy is ridiculously built as well, just massive.

I cried at the end. Like, a lot.

I agree seen it a few times, should have won an oscar tbh, it's fantastic story of a broken family. did shed a man tear myself.

Lucy 4/10

WTF?

Associate
Interstellar.

2nd watch after seeing it in imax on release. Still a stellar movie if you accept some sillyness and the abrupt change to bookcase navigation!

Kept me and the missus engaged throughout though.

9/10.

Soldato
Saw "Buffalo 66", Vincent Gallo directing and starring as a loser ex-con dealing with his awful parents by kidnapping a young woman to pretend to be his wife while he contemplates killing the man he blames for his incarceration. Gallo's character is charming, dumb, crazy, lost, broken, damaged, vulnerable, lonely, arrogant, self-destructive, and in the end saved by an unexpected source. A young Christina Ricci plays opposite him. She's curvier, bustier, and blonder, clever, smitten, vulnerable, sweet, manipulative, needy, and in the end, a bit special.

It not a comfortable or even fun film to watch at times, but it's difficult to take your eyes away from the main characters as they get though a single day together. In the end you understand and feel for these two damaged and lonely people who find themselves drawn to each other as a form of self-preservation, and in the end, because they make each other happy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hotel Transylvania...missus was adamant we watch something light hearted and funny, to be fair I make her watch horror/action all the time.

Really rather good, well paced and some real laugh out loud moments, looking forward to the second one later this year...7/10

Caporegime
Mission Impossible 5 8.5/10

I've not followed the series - They all blur into one as far as i know...:p

Good Action/Heist film. It seemed a little long towards the end but only just slightly.
Lots of locations, good quality humor, fighting, car chasing, holding breath for ludicrously long..
Good film to switch the brain off and enjoy. Very strange to hear "them" talking Swedish towards the start, thought it was weird :p

Might have to re-watch the old ones now !

Suspended
Hot Pursuit 3/10

Crap, but Sofía Vergara is in it and she gets a 10/10

Mmmmmm

image.png

Last edited:
Associate
Just got back from Maggie - 8/10

A zombie film staring Arnold schwarzenegger... Brilliant. Creepy, realistic and beautifully directed, nothing like what you would think if someone told you Arnie was in a zombie film. He is so good in it that it's almost a shame when he speaks and you remember who he is.

Tragic that the only showing was 9:30 on a Sunday night only 4 of us in the screening, deserves better.

Soldato
Chappie 6/10 enjoyable romp, improved, very dodgy scene settings in the opening few sequences, poor work by die anyword but they improved, and mummy seemed like a mommy after a while.
I thought hugh jackman was poor in his role, perhaps purposely overacted.

Ant man 7/10 funny film, enjoyed it, different from the other marvel stuff, yet very much the same, stan lees obvious cameo was obvious as usual, but he didnt seem just as much the tool this time, perhaps due to when the cameo occurred.
Wasp fans stay for the credits

I do wonder that they are increasing the stock of superheros well beyond what is actually manageable now.

Suspended
Just got back from Maggie - 8/10

A zombie film staring Arnold schwarzenegger... Brilliant. Creepy, realistic and beautifully directed, nothing like what you would think if someone told you Arnie was in a zombie film. He is so good in it that it's almost a shame when he speaks and you remember who he is.

Tragic that the only showing was 9:30 on a Sunday night only 4 of us in the screening, deserves better.

I thought it was ok, thoroughly depressing though and slow, nothing really happened and it was just a journey to her death, Arnie was odd character though. A farm owner in American who is Austrian called Wade :D

Back
Top Bottom