What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
It's kinda entertaining garbage though :p Have to say I don't understand the hype this film got though.

I know it was supposed to be a silly film, but I struggled to get past the complete and utter disregard to how anything computer game/server/technology wise worked.

Ryan Reynolds was OK as he generally is quite a talented guy, bit some of the performances were bad (possibly because they were given such awful characters /scripts)

Soldato
Donnie Darko 8.5/10

I saw this when it came out but it's probably been 15+ years since I've last seen it. I'd forgotten just how good this film was.

Strangely though I'm now getting lots of streaming recommendations to watch horror movies because I watched it. I definitely don't see it as a horror movie, more science fiction thriller.

Soldato
A Quiet Place Part II

7/10

Not as tense as the first but always hard for a follow up film to achieve that, still a good watch and I loved the use of sound (or lack of).

Soldato
Red Notice - 4/10 (1 point per lead cast and 1 point for Netflix spending the cash to get them all together) - Utter mindless dross which wastes 3 "good to watch but not good at acting" actors, it's a shame that this "reject from a film school class on writing a story/script" based movie was what Netflix decided to waste Johnson, Gadot and Reynolds on. I mean with just another £5 spent on a better story they could have actually made a film worth watching but I suppose this is all we get.

Watch it for the visuals only and, rather than switching off your brain, it's probably best to take it out and throw it away all together instead if you manage to make it all the way through this in one piece!

Caporegime
I enjoyed it too, fun cast, funny film and it was a nice 'blockbuster'. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's a fun film to watch. Reynolds may play the same character every time but I find it funny so I don't care. The Rock has always been an underrated action star in my books too!

Even Ed Sheeran's cameo was funny and I can't stand him. "I was in Game of Thrones!" :D

Soldato
Cry Macho (2021) - 3/10

A saccharine film which seems to be about what Clint Eastwood likes.

The simple plot is relatively eventful, although as the stakes are low you won’t be too invested, and the wooden acting undermines the more dramatic moments.

Eastwood looks far too old to be playing the role and the limited action scenes suffer for it.

It is watchable and has some charm with its rustic style and setting, but overall, it was boring.

Saw a meme a few weeks back that said Clint Eastwood movies these days are all about him learning to respect women and minorities :D

Back
Top Bottom