What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Ambulance - 4/10.

Standard Michael Bay far fetched bloatware, outstayed it's welcome by at least 20 minutes just seemed to go on and on.
Taken most of the plot elements from Speed, Crank, Fast & The Furious and the SWAT TV series. (Looked like most of the cast imported from the latter three as well).
Bought it on Blu-ray, glad we didn't spend the extra tenner on the 4K.

Associate
I've not had any issues recently in cinema. Tend to use Vie now with their big comfy leather recliners. Mostly go early in the day so irs quiet too.

Update...OK have booked ticket (first visit since 2001!) I have an afternoon viewing of Maverick this coming Monday at the local Odeon Am sitting just up from middle of theatre & adjacent centre isle centre. Will let you know how I get on :)

Soldato
For all the glimpses we got of the 'blood orgy' in the original, there is a ton more content cut that couldn't be included back then - i'm intrigued considering it was already an 18 cert.
There cant be, all of the original footage took forever to find and was found in a Salt Mine Storage for film where it was discovered the original film was destroyed.

Soldato
Watched the new Jurassic Park
Utterly bereft of ANY good imagination or a single original thought.
What I utter completely do not understand, is how after lots of films, of the Dinos..set....on an Island, we have the setup to a film where supposedly Dinos are all over the place into cities and places etc, and, we yet get ANOTHER FILM SET ON AN ISLAND!. How in the blue hell do they have such utter lack of ideas they couldn't come up with a better story of Dinos going crazy in a city, even THAT they didn't get right!? Again, stupid kid in peril etc.

Soldato
Yeah, check my post 56,530 :(
Ahh my bad sorry just seen the first post. Although so very curious about an extended cut, by the sounds of it I don't think it would really add that much to the overall film, though I think I read there was more " Normal" footage of the crew during there test flight before hell entered the ship.
I could picture the Producers and studio execs seeing it first and just going " Nope"..to that lol.

Soldato
Ahh my bad sorry just seen the first post. Although so very curious about an extended cut, by the sounds of it I don't think it would really add that much to the overall film, though I think I read there was more " Normal" footage of the crew during there test flight before hell entered the ship.
I could picture the Producers and studio execs seeing it first and just going " Nope"..to that lol.
What amazes me is the utter dross the director has done since, nothing has come remotely close to the quality of Event Horizon - almost to the point i'm not entirely convinced he even directed it, maybe just a credit with other people doing the heavy lifting.

Soldato
What amazes me is the utter dross the director has done since, nothing has come remotely close to the quality of Event Horizon - almost to the point i'm not entirely convinced he even directed it, maybe just a credit with other people doing the heavy lifting.
I think it did really bad in the release, back in the year when cinema was the only way to see a film, if a film did poorly then it was a really bad sign. Maybe then you cant get back into the studios good books after.

Caporegime
I think it did really bad in the release, back in the year when cinema was the only way to see a film, if a film did poorly then it was a really bad sign. Maybe then you cant get back into the studios good books after.
Well he's done a host of huge IP films since then so don't think that is the problem.

Soldato
Shang-Chi

Was ok, got a bit bored by the end. Think I have Marvel fatigue.
Saw it today. While the CG and action was okay the whole plot felt boring and Americans doing an Asian movie was cringe as usual.

I was off marvel MCU for many years. Finally did them all upto Shang-Chi. Enjoyed it on the whole, some of the action scenez were sound demo worthy which made my sub happy.

Soldato
He had no trouble getting funding for further movies, they were dire though, AVP, Resident Evil series, Monster Hunter.

Granted he can make money but nothing he's done since Event Horizon has been exactly great.

Soldato
He had no trouble getting funding for further movies, they were dire though, AVP, Resident Evil series, Monster Hunter.

Granted he can make money but nothing he's done since Event Horizon has been exactly great.
I honestly didnt realise he had done that much since if im being honest..trying to not look on IMDB and cheat lol.

Soldato
The black phone. 8/10

thought it was a good concept. Ano I’m a big fan of Ethan hawke (even if he is wearing a mask 98% of the time in this film :cry:).

Soldato
Thor - Love & Thunder 7/10

Some very funny moments, but they tried too hard to make it funny throughout. Some strained jokes. Christian Bale was good.

Back
Top Bottom