What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
What amazes me is the utter dross the director has done since, nothing has come remotely close to the quality of Event Horizon - almost to the point i'm not entirely convinced he even directed it, maybe just a credit with other people doing the heavy lifting.
I think it did really bad in the release, back in the year when cinema was the only way to see a film, if a film did poorly then it was a really bad sign. Maybe then you cant get back into the studios good books after.

Caporegime
I think it did really bad in the release, back in the year when cinema was the only way to see a film, if a film did poorly then it was a really bad sign. Maybe then you cant get back into the studios good books after.
Well he's done a host of huge IP films since then so don't think that is the problem.

Soldato
Shang-Chi

Was ok, got a bit bored by the end. Think I have Marvel fatigue.
Saw it today. While the CG and action was okay the whole plot felt boring and Americans doing an Asian movie was cringe as usual.

I was off marvel MCU for many years. Finally did them all upto Shang-Chi. Enjoyed it on the whole, some of the action scenez were sound demo worthy which made my sub happy.

Soldato
He had no trouble getting funding for further movies, they were dire though, AVP, Resident Evil series, Monster Hunter.

Granted he can make money but nothing he's done since Event Horizon has been exactly great.

Soldato
He had no trouble getting funding for further movies, they were dire though, AVP, Resident Evil series, Monster Hunter.

Granted he can make money but nothing he's done since Event Horizon has been exactly great.
I honestly didnt realise he had done that much since if im being honest..trying to not look on IMDB and cheat lol.

Soldato
I honestly didnt realise he had done that much since if im being honest..trying to not look on IMDB and cheat lol.
If it's Milla Jovovich in an action role, he probably directed it, she's his missus :D

Eeek, he also made Pompeii - I just IMDB'd him - guy fails upwards.

Soldato
The black phone. 8/10

thought it was a good concept. Ano I’m a big fan of Ethan hawke (even if he is wearing a mask 98% of the time in this film :cry:).

Soldato
Thor - Love & Thunder 7/10

Some very funny moments, but they tried too hard to make it funny throughout. Some strained jokes. Christian Bale was good.

Associate
Dr Strange 2 - gorgeous looking film and I appreciated the darker tone (as expected with Raimi) but the story was below average. 5.5/10

Soldato
Black Phone - 3/5 - Not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Then

The contractor - 3/5 - Wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be!

Then

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe - 5/5. Loved it. I was crying with laughter in places.

Associate
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) - 4/10

An underwhelming film which should have been awesome, especially with the soundtrack during the iconic battle scenes, but it all felt a bit flat.

The special effects were colorful but blurry, the humour rarely landed, the silly moments were too silly, the battle scenes too dark and the emotionally moving and horror moments didn’t fit with the light hearted bumbling superhero vibe.

The plot was good with a well-rounded villain and the acting performances were good, but overall, it was nothing special and I was bored by the third act.

Uncharted.

Ok Wahlberg cannot act. Seriously how does he keep getting jobs.

This film was terrible. Everything felt forced and the plot was garbage. Did I mention Wahlberg cannot act?

Edit: it’s finished now. It just kept getting worse. Utter garbage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom