What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
How come a few posters have been mentioning this the last few days, I had to spend a while seeking it out last year after finding it on some recommended horror lists.
Coincidence I think. Literally saw it on Netflix and gave it a go as a random pick.

No spoilers but I had no idea about the movie what so ever, and was really enjoying it then literally the last few minutes of the movie completely ruined it for me. It also (imo) made the rest of the movie not really make any sense. Shame though because otherwise was good.

But someone else said they enjoyed it so each to their own.

Caporegime
Wolf of Wall Street inspired me to watch an older stock broker film that I remember being pretty good, Boiler Room.

8/10, still really enjoyed it. Good story, some great performances in it, especially Vin Diesel.

Soldato
Gone Girl (2016)

Probably the last of my run of movie watching for a while. I only picked this because it was an 18 so I thought it would go somewhere and got good ratings, I think it was only given an 18 rating for literally one short scene. Movie was ok, psychological thriller I guess, not my usualy kind of movie, seen worse.

6/10

Caporegime
Trouble is, it's a little difficult giving 'Triangle of Sadness' as a recommendation to anyone.

Unless you enjoy feeling awkward while watching a film then fancy serving that with a large dose of depression after giving it retrospective thought.

Triangle of Sadness was awesome.

Soldato
Sicario - 8/10

I missed this one somehow. Gripping from start to finish really, top cast.
At the risk of repeating myself in this thread, excellent movie, my favourite of the '2010s without doubt.

When you've got Villenuve directing, Sheridan writing, Deakins on Cinematography and Jóhannsson on the score - it's hard to take a step wrong.

If I could only watch one movie from that decade again, it'd be Sicario.

Last edited:
Associate
Rita, Sue and Bob Too

We’ve binged watched ‘The Power of Parker’ (funny in parts) one of the cast members is George Costigan, who played Bob, in “Rita, Sue and Bob too”
Watched it in my early teens when it came out - I sought of recall it being very funny in ‘87.
Streamed it last night,,,it was quite disturbing; casual racism, domestic violence and coercive / child sex abuse - and real dodgy clothes

Back
Top Bottom