What film did you watch last night?

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. I didn't think it was possible to make a worse movie than the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull but they managed it, from the start with a de-aged Harrison Ford looking very uncanny valley all the way to the end set peice of freaking aircraft zooming around the skies of ancient Greece!, it was just one long mess of a movie that reaked of Disney milking the life out of the franchise. 5/10 & thats being generous!.

Don
The Beekeeper - 6/10
As the son of a beekeeper, the beekeeping bits were actually quite accurate. But on to the rest of it, after the death of "the only person that looked after me" Statham goes on the rampage to track down a mash up of Hunter Biden and Sam Bankman-Fried. As a concept it takes itself too seriously whilst going for a John Wick angle.

Man of Honour
The Warriors (1979)

Never seen this before, despite me being more or less the right age to have seen it before now.

Not too bad for its age. Some of the acting isn't great, but most of the main characters aquit themselves well. Wasn't a fan of the sped up frame rate to make appear as though people were moving quickly. Looked more Keystone cops and stood out like a sore thumb.

6.5/10

Soldato
The Warriors (1979)

Never seen this before, despite me being more or less the right age to have seen it before now.

Not too bad for its age. Some of the acting isn't great, but most of the main characters aquit themselves well. Wasn't a fan of the sped up frame rate to make appear as though people were moving quickly. Looked more Keystone cops and stood out like a sore thumb.

6.5/10

If you haven't seen it The Wanderers is another gang film from 1979 that's worth a watch.

Not seen The Warriors in a long time but along with The Wanderers I loved those films in the 1980's.

Associate
Redline 2009 - anime - utterly memorising during the race scenes, awesome sense of never-ending speed. Really impressive animation that still holds up as looking modern. Its got its weird story elements in places, as do many anime movies. But if you have any interest in racing movies this is a real fun ride. 9.5/10

Caporegime
Enjoyed Wonka, cast was good and the style reminded me a lot of the Lemony Snickets tv series which I liked. Think the songs could have been better which holds it back from a really good rating.

Man of Honour
The Prophecy (1995)

Better than some of the reviews would suggest. But at the same time feels as though it could have been better and there was something missing.

I probably would've lapped it up if I'd seen it on its first release, especially with three actors from Pulp Fiction in it.

6.5/10

Soldato
The Proposal.

While i was at my mum and sisters last night they wanted to watch this. I can only make a couple of comments really. It not a film for me as its a "rom com" it wasnt that funny and honestly if it wasnt Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds (Or people that also looked as good as they do) There would have law suits/hr/police involvement. I very much doubt they would make a film like this anymore, that said it was a woman doing to to a man so probably considered empowering.

4/10

Also watched 5 nights at freddys.

I have never played the games but have watched people. It was silly movie but it is what it is.

5/10

Soldato
Fix bayonets!

Love, Honour and Obey

Watched this again tonight, haven't watched it for maybe 15 years but it's so good. Got slated by the critics but people love it and I love it!

Good British Gangster film, seems quite low budget but I don't think it was given the cast. Just has a charm to it, it's hilarious, if you haven't seen it, you need to!

Caporegime
Haunt - 7.5/10

Not a bad little haunted house slashers actually. Tension is well done and provides enough red herrings to keep you guessing at times. Couple of silly points but overall a good watch if you like a cheap horror.

Back
Top Bottom