What film did you watch last night?

The Killer's Game - 4/10

Half of the time it felt like a John Wick rip off, the other half it felt like a John Wick spoof. Tone is all over the place, feels like it wants to be a romance, action and comedy film and fails to be any of them really.
Same score I gave it:

The Killers Game (2024)

Starring Dave Batista, who looks ridiculous in this. The man is 55 and the tanning beds have not been kind to his skin over the years, so he's a odd colour and his skin it like an old leathery hand bag.

I'm sure I saw him in an interview state he would like this to kick off a series of movies like John Wick did for Keanu, but this bombed hard ($30 million budget, made $5 million Worldwide!)

I'm not surprised. It doesn't know what genre it wants to be. It starts like a weird romantic comedy but the leads don't really have any chemistry, but then has cartoonish violence but with really gory (CGI blood) kills.

4/10.

Lucky Number Slevin - 7/10 - Such an under appreciated movie whose script is razor sharp and the cast do a fantastic job all round. It does suffer from maybe being a little too complex with all the various twists and turns (imagine a Guy Richie film like Snatch etc) and a few situations are a little contrived to make the plot flow, but overall its a really enjoyable film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom