What film did you watch last night?

Joker : Folie a Deux5/10

in joker one I came to think that maybe the whole film was a delusion, we'll see, maybe the second is all delusional too, I'm sure that some of it is, but I'm not sure whose delusions belong to who
I'm predicting highest grossing movie of the yearapart from the Lotr december movie might beat it, and maybe finally an award for phoenix
hmm, I think that I might have just figured the movie out, If what I'm thinking is true then I'd give the movie7/10, but I still need to think about it more
Reality:

Last edited:
True Lies 4k 8/10

Another classic from the golden era of Cinema, back when action films actually had action in them and it wasn't basically illegal to be macho.
I wouldn't say it's illegal to be macho. What's lost is the ability to make actual good action sequences. Nothing is practical now. All cgi and pretend. Gone are the days when stuntmen lept off buildings, had large practical stunts set up etc.

John Wick says hi
Small exceptions. But when you look back at action films from the 80s and 90s it was everywhere. Now ther is too much reliance on cgi for stuff. ID4, Speed, Robin, etc. They just don't do set pieces like that now. Even the Mission Impossible movies look at 1-3 compared to the recent ones. Yes a few set pieces and stunts but mostly cg augmented.

Isn't ID4 Independence day? The first summer blockbuster CGI fest.

Independence Day wasn't entirely CGI some of the iconic moments in the film were set pieces (like the city destruction after the big blue pewpew laser), they built a miniature model of the city and used gasoline and a slow motion camera setup to create the effect.

Watching Alien Romulus currently, will update with score at the end so far its a 5/10 (I'm on here typing stuff so its not exactly gripping)

Alien Romulus 6/10 it was ok, slightly better than average, I liked the space scenes towards the end, do feel they tried to capture the bad donkey female dog feel of Ripley, but Rain just came across as a troubled teenager, not someone who has their poop together.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Independence Day wasn't entirely CGI some of the iconic moments in the film were set pieces (like the city destruction after the big blue pewpew laser), they built a miniature model of the city and used gasoline and a slow motion camera setup to create the effect.

Watching Alien Romulus currently, will update with score at the end so far its a 5/10 (I'm on here typing stuff so its not exactly gripping)
Most of it was practical with miniatures and models still. I think there was minimal enhancements, even then I think there were mostly don't the old fashioned way.

Been a while since I watched any of the behind the scenes. I know Adam Savage looked at a few of the model props earlier in the year.

Chavs in Space (Alien: Romulus) - well i thouroughly enjoyed it. Its not up there with 1, 2 or 3DC but its a good 4th. I'd certainly add it to a sequential run through of the 4 films in future.

Chavs in Space (Alien: Romulus) - well i thouroughly enjoyed it. Its not up there with 1, 2 or 3DC but its a good 4th. I'd certainly add it to a sequential run through of the 4 films in future.
Didn't like it Didn't dislike it. At the beginning she wasn't allowed to travel as the ripped her off by upping her 12,000 credits to 24,000 needed. 5 mins later she's in space.

Most of it was practical with miniatures and models still. I think there was minimal enhancements, even then I think there were mostly don't the old fashioned way.

Been a while since I watched any of the behind the scenes. I know Adam Savage looked at a few of the model props earlier in the year.
I bought the Blu-ray of ID4 a little while ago and did watch the making of and you are quite correct that most if it was practical.

Last edited:
Alien Romulus - 7/10

Frustrating, had a lot of potential and I quite enjoyed the first half. After that though there were far too many fan service callouts, quoting famous lines, repeating famous shots. It was lazy and completely unnecessary. The 'cameo' didn't work either. It makes sense in universe but the technology just isn't there yet, he sounded fine but looked dreadful. The film looked really good, faithful to both the originals and expanded stuff
(thought the hybrid was pretty cool)
and the cast was fine to good (thought the lead and the android actor were both very good) There could have been a much better film there. Anyway, much better than Prometheus.

I watched Romulus tonight. I liked it. Story wasn't ridiculous like the prequels. Lead actress was good and the suspense and horror was on point.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom