What game did you play last?

maj

maj

Soldato
Having bought Tabletop Simulator in the sale, played Skull and Welcome To The Dungeon with some mates this evening. Was first time I had played TS but the games were simulated well. Looking forward to giving more a go to see how they compare to their physical versions. On the plus side, the games are free so will save me money plus storage space. Looks like there will be at least 4 of us on a regular basis playing so will need to research some suggestions for what to play next.

Soldato
Played Fields of Green last night. It was meh, and I lost entirely through luck of the draw on Buildings - none of the ones I picked up helped me, and they all helped the player to my left so I ended up feeding them at least 12 points. I lost by 10.

After that we played Yggdrasil and got profoundly humped just past the halfway mark, which is more typical than my first game victory.

Associate
One game of Arboretum.
Thought I was being super tactical and was sure I would score the most. GF just casually placed two trees and made my arboretum worthless.
Really enjoy it. Just wish the cards were the same material as decent playing cards.

Associate
A game called squatter, looks like monopoly. Is much much better it’s a game about sheep farming in Australia. 6 of us played all of us agreed it was much better than we expected and we mostly enjoyed it

Last edited:
Soldato
My Kickstarter copy of Tudor arrived on Tuesday and I was able to get it to the table last night. It's quite smart; you're trying to move courtiers through Henry VIII's court to attain high office, which you do by putting other courtiers and your lord in three council chambers to gain access to pairs of actions. Courtiers can do one of the pair, lords do both. Courtiers will eventually be pushed out as the chambers fill, but if a chamber doesn't have a lord in it the courtiers there can't act. So there's a chance you can be forced to put your lord into a chamber where you don't have a courtier to have access to the actions, but in the process you let everyone else's courtiers go to work.

Soldato
Another family game night this time playing City of Zombies, Rhino Hero, Labrynth, an awesome time playing Fireball Island with the crouching tiger/hidden bees expansion it's just a great laugh as a family and finished with myself and the son playing a mission of Zombicide which we always enjoy. Aced the mission with some absurdly lucky card draws it actually ended up a little easy.

Soldato
We had a new gamer along to the group last night, so we eased him in with Tokaido which he enjoyed greatly. After that he fancied giving Dead of Winter a go, so we reshuffled the tables and played Iquazu and Barenpark. Barenpark we finally had all experienced players, so we gave the objective tiles a go for the first time. It makes for some really interesting changes in park layout, and also decisions on what to go for and when. I ended up losing by 5 points, but would have won if the final park board I needed hadn't been snagged.

Associate
We last played a strategy game called Yamatai. We really enjoyed it, it's quite tactical, but with enough chance elements to keep it interesting. Also, the artwork is lovely too.

Soldato
We last played a strategy game called Yamatai. We really enjoyed it, it's quite tactical, but with enough chance elements to keep it interesting. Also, the artwork is lovely too.

There's actually not much chance in Yamatai. The sequence of the fleets can be predicted to some great degree, so it's only really the followers and building tiles and they all tend to stay around for several turns so you can plan.

It is lovely, as well. If you want something similar and equally lovely, try Via Nebula.

Got Orleans in front of some new people on Wednesday. I demolished them with a score higher than both theirs combined - the experience of 20+ plays adds up - but they enjoyed it.

Man of Honour
After playing them at games club (We're the youngest there by a good 10-15 years...and I'm 40...) we've decided to get Azul and Sagrada. Didn't hurt that we found them for a reasonable price at Zatu games. ;)

Also picked up Selfish - Space edition recently. It's pretty fun, if a little silly, especially as it's entirely possible for no-one to win the game. It was cheap, we spotted it before christmas but didn't go back to get it. Remedied that. Played a few games, there's usually swearing. ;)

PoD

PoD

Associate
How are you finding it?

Over the last couple of weeks I've played:
  • Pandemic
  • Call to Adventure
  • Brass Lancashire
  • Code Names Pictures
  • Quacks
  • Decrypto
  • Organ Attack
  • Gloomhaven

Awesome, loads of fun, it is strategic, thematic and tactile definitely a 9/10.

I just need to learn how to paint now, so I can begin painting the 130+ mini's..

That is a lot of games you have been playing.

Soldato
Awesome, loads of fun, it is strategic, thematic and tactile definitely a 9/10.

I just need to learn how to paint now, so I can begin painting the 130+ mini's..

That is a lot of games you have been playing.

I've logged 63 plays across 51 different games up to 31st March. By the end of the year I'd expect to be up to at least 250 plays across 100 different games. Maybe more if we stay enough in the EU that I can go to Spiel; there I'll typically play 6-8 different new games a day, depending who I manage to hook up with after hours.

My Sunday session was cancelled this week, but on Wednesday I played 5 Colours, Discovery: The Era of Voyage, and Smartphone Inc. Smartphone Inc is apparently coming to Kickstarter later this year for a second print run and the expansion. I'll let you know when - it's well worth playing but as a limited run Russian game it's hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom