What game did you play last?

Associate
wednesday:

batman love letter:
love letter with a batman skin ,aim to find the princess(joker in batman),great little quick game and cheap,always a great game to warm you up,ready for more complex games.

king of new york: monsters demolishing city game,another great little game, players play monsters (upto 5) where you can destroy buildings,attack other players,buy powers and so forth.

contagion:
same people who made pandemic,card based game where players have to infect cities to gain points,levelling up there virus in 3 different attributes as you go,doesnt sound much but we find this to be a good fun game.

castle panic:
4 player co-op game where you have to defend walls and towers in the centre of the board from monsters attacking you,if you havent played this and like co-op strategy you need to play this its fantastic(espically with the wizard tower expansion)

betrayal at house on the hill:
a tile board game,you explore a haunted mansion as a team as you explore random tiles are put down for that area ,as u play u have to make haunt rolls if u fail one a person in the group becomes a traitor sometimes hidden traitor(vampires,rat,witches, tentacle monsters and so forth),they get a scenario book 50 events and so do the other survivors these have the story rules and so fourth for that event for all players to follow,this game is brilliant with huge replay value.

Thursday:

RELIC(with nemesis expansion and halls of terra):
excellent warhammer 40k game its basically talisman with 40k skin,trying to get to the middle of the board whilist levelling and getting armour,allies and weapons,i played nemesis (genestealer) not a fan of the nemesis play style (only played once before) however this characters was fun to play increasing my power by putting down tyranids that if they lost to i gained infamy (get to 25 infamy and you win as a nemesis).
good game but we played for over 3 odd hours! haha.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A couple of games of star realms along with another learning attempt at Magic: the gathering

Plan for the evening is to have another quick game of mtg then open and pop our ticket to ride cherry with the Europe edition :)

Soldato
Thursday:

RELIC(with nemesis expansion and halls of terra):
excellent warhammer 40k game its basically talisman with 40k skin,trying to get to the middle of the board whilist levelling and getting armour,allies and weapons,i played nemesis (genestealer) not a fan of the nemesis play style (only played once before) however this characters was fun to play increasing my power by putting down tyranids that if they lost to i gained infamy (get to 25 infamy and you win as a nemesis).
good game but we played for over 3 odd hours! haha.

3 hours is a short game. I can't help but like it though.

Quick XCOM game earlier. Tried medium difficulty. Failed. Love the game.

Associate
Played MTG and finally won my first game after finally understanding what I am supposed to be doing with my Deck, lol. It is a lot more complicated than the other card games I've played (love letter and star realms) but I am really enjoying getting to grips with this.

Also finally got around to trying Ticket to Ride Europe edition and it's a great game. It's simple and fun and I can't wait to play it with my seven year old.

Soldato
OP
As with my wife's post above we had a bit of a gaming day.

4 games of magic the gathering, she destroyed me in a quick game of star realms, a few rounds of Batman Love letter while waiting for dinner to cook and managed a game of Ticket to ride Europe with our 7 year old.

Soldato
Received and started playing Rum and Bones today! Loads of stuff in the box and we called the game after ~2 hours because bedtime!

It took up way more space than expected and likely has a playtime of 2 hours minimum :D

Associate
Codenames - Played it previously at the Expo, but excellent game, especially at the price. Sort of thing you can play with anyone, plus it handles a good range of player counts, we had two teams of 5 at one point which was just as fun at 2 teams of 2, if not more.

Nevermore - Attacking card drafting which sort of reminds me of King of Tokyo. A surprise, I thought it might be alright, but it genuinely very good, even if you lack control due to the drafting.

Alhambra - Haven't played in a while, still a very good intro game, though can a bit too lucky on exact price extra actions.

Rise of Augustus - Known locally as Roman Bingo which fits perfectly. Love the smoothness and ease of play in this game and there is more depth to this than at first appears. Always enjoy it when it hits the table.

Associate
Recently got the new DnD Temple of Elemental evil board game, its a nice change over the previous series (drizzt, ashalderon & ravenloft). The new trap and monster spawning system is nice (each time you place a tile it can have multiple moster markers or trap markers). Walking over a trap triggers it (anything from 4 damage to nothing).

It brings more uncertainty to the game and a bit more planning, previously I found it quite tedious at times because the only real change on a tile would be if it was going to force an encounter or not.

Disadvantage and Advantage from 5th have made their way into the rules and can be applied from varying sources.

Box context is a bit less than the previous titles but really enjoying the slightly tweaked rules and mechanics.

Soldato
OP
Our family addiction to CCG's are going too far, now playing MTG with the wife and Carfight Vanguard! with my 7yr old daughter who has become addicted to the anime.

been playing both a lot recently but now kids are back at school it will become more of a weekend/evening activity.

Very impressed with Vanguard, i wasnt sure at first but the rules are simple enough and we are using the trial decks so they are quite well balanced and along with the luck the game brings itself we are about equal win % currently. it doesnt have the addictive collecting quality of MTG as the game is simpler overall and due to the luck aspect of the trigger system its more approachable.

Soldato
Played both human-side scenarios of Legendary Encounters: Predator last night. Two minor victories; no spoilers as to why we didn't go for the kill in the first movie, but in the second we'd all just burned our big attack turns and it was safer to chicken out. I'll take it - they're both very swingy scenarios that can go from completely under control to "Oh hell" in a couple of rounds.

Overall I prefer Alien, but I'm looking forward to trying the competitive scenarios on the Predator side when the one missing card from my set turns up.

Back
Top Bottom