What have you done to your car today?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
So... I did the following
-Took center console off (new DAB radio was suppose to get here today, but looks like it'll be here tomorrow... :o)
-Changed rest of the lights to LED's
-Put a new gearknob on, think it suits the car a bit more. (I hope it doesn't chav it out :p)

IMG_20171011_205204.jpg

IMG_20171011_205224.jpg

IMG_20171011_203133.jpg

IMG_20171011_145849.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Turns out the wifes works car park is in a worse state than the roads in Raqqa, so two of my wheels on the Edition 30 are no longer round.

Found these cheap enough:
36931664204_2459679819_c.jpg

Sure, they do need a refurb, but they aint terrible, aint cracked, and are round. And they came with cracking tyres (2 new PS4's and 2 almost new Goodyears).

So will get them refurbed to a nice colour again, and stick them on.

Soldato
Had to send a form off with the V5 to take the private plate off my car - been checking the mot history all week to see if it had been processed yet. Finally didn’t recognise the reg last night. New plates ordered.

Also bought a new GPS antenna and antenna amplifier which will be a centre console removal job.

And booked it in for a A service for £180. Mercedes wanted £350+ depending on the dealer.

Still pondering whether to get the scuff on the bumper sorted and the alloys refurbed. Most convenient quote was £576...

Soldato
Waiting on a few more bits.

Currently got this lot to go on:
New grooved discs
New caliper sliding pins kits
Track rod end for left
Engine mount hard race.

Hopefully the knocking will be felt with that I get from braking. (Only happens when I reverse and brake... Clunk, go forward and brake... Clunk. Rinse and repeat)

If not... I will give up chasing silly issues.

Caporegime
cant believe that cars dont come with a program that turns off the lights after so long with no activity.

A lot of newer cars will (tbh I'm pretty sure my dad's first 5 series done it too in about 98, but more common now )

I think its more marque specific to be honest. My old 2002 base model Polo would turn the interior lights off after a while if they were left on. The MK1 Octavia did as well. I don't think any of my other cars have.

Soldato
Not so much what I am doing . sitting in garage having new battery fitted. Good job as one I ordered is just too big in height and clamp and cover don't fit they are getting slightly smaller one so a longer wait than I
thought.

Soldato
Damn damn and double Damn - Second battery doesn't fit - seems it's a MOT failure if battery isn't clamped down - got to go back Monday for a smaller battery to be fitted - Still it is Friday 13th.

What a waste of half a day.-

Caporegime
Hang on a minute - not been following your car antics for a while - another corolla?

Yeah... I had a really good red MX5 which I traded with too much money against a really crap black Eunos which was so crap that I broke it for parts and bought another Corolla...

Clearly I didn't learn anything with the Celica incident! :p

Lost about £1200 this time. :o

Back
Top Bottom