What have you done to your car today?

Cleaned it last night!

Just ordered some 3M DI-NOC brushed black aluminium to have a go at re-trimming the small amount of silver in my interior, namely the strips on the door, the clock surround and the gear lever surround.

Also need to take a trip to Hobbycraft to get some black stick-on felt to put on my centre console to stop the leather rubbing against it and creaking, in my quest for silence :D

Spent Friday trying to find the throttle position sensor after getting an engine check light (which I cleared with my code reader).

Couldn't find it, but I cleaned up the throttle body when it was off the 206 and put it all back together, no running problems at all just yet *fingers crossed* if it goes again, and if it is or isn't the same code, I think I'll let the breakdown people recover it to a garage (didn't bother reporting this as it broke down less than 1 mile from home) that knows about electrics because the Throttle Pentiometer is the only sensor I can't seem to find on the thing!

Plus it's all a little alien since I'm used to working on old '80s Spitfires (when I used to have a couple) with carburettor and manual choke (much simpler system!).

Find the throttle butterfly and you shall find the throttle position sensor. :D

I had the whole throttle body and air system out :( no idea why it wasn't there, unless it's near the pedal instead!

I took the plastic cover off the throttle body as well but this just showed me the motor bush and heatsink :(

It's funny, the MAP sensor is right near the intake system just above the injectors and spark plugs. The Haynes manual didn't even have my throttle body illustrated!

Why can't modern cars be simpler!

Took the Disco out to fill up with derv.... Steering 60 degrees on the ****. :o How I got it that far out I'll never know. I had a locking pin in the steering box and the steering was straight when I fitted the linkage.
ARSEBISCUITS!
I'm dressed up now so it'll have to wait for another day (probably in my lunch break tomorrow if the weather is nice)

Rubber profile had fallen off the wiper (it was an old one I was reusing), so I replaced it with a new one I'd bought a while back.
Gave it a quick wash. Still need to order a wing mirror and fix the brake light though.

Went on a 15 mile hoon with a ZT260, a ZS180 and a Rover 25 GTi. That was fun!

Forgotten how much fun a revvy NASP petrol really is. The 600 is going to have fun winning back my heart after I've spend all day at 7,200RPM :D

Rear discs are worn, so ordered a new set (£6.72 a disc and £10 for Mintex pads).

Went to Hobbycraft and got some sticky back felt and stuck some out of sight on the centre console where the front seats rub and make a noise, and where the back seats rub, which has done the job nicely :)

Mine used to do that and it was very irritating. One of the myriad of reasons why leather seats suck. I assume they didn't rub when new though and it's because the bolsters worn and migrated outwards over time?

Went to Hobbycraft and got some sticky back felt and stuck some out of sight on the centre console where the front seats rub and make a noise, and where the back seats rub, which has done the job nicely :)

Nice idea, might try this on my centre console, there is some annoying rubbing type noises coming from the switches and side console strut type bits.

Oh dear. Call myself a mechanic. :(
Made an utter arse of my diagnosis on the disco it would seem with it's steering issues
So I've;
Flushed and changed the power steering fluid £15... it made no difference
I then changed the P/S pump as it was the cheaper option over the steering box... £85 for the P/S Pump.... that didn't fix it.
Consigned myself to doing the Steering box... £270 quid (including a surcharge for the old unit) and a Sunny Saturday afternoon, evening and half the night changing..
Noted that the steering was on the **** on the test drive Sunday so set about moving the steering knuckles on the steering column round a few notches during my lunch break at work today, it turned out easier to remove it completely and re align it but in doing so I noticed I couldn't get the lower knuckle universal joint to line up properly with the new steering box, so I took it all back out to check for a master spline..
As I was wiggling the U/J in my hand, my heart sank... Half the U/J is seized solid... That was the problem all along. :o

DERPY DERP DERP, having the **** ripped out of me at work now. :o

Mine used to do that and it was very irritating. One of the myriad of reasons why leather seats suck. I assume they didn't rub when new though and it's because the bolsters worn and migrated outwards over time?

Always done it, cos of the shape of the Recaro sports seats they're pretty close to the console! The rear seats rub against the plastic / faux leather side bolster bits too so sorted that in the same way. Little bit of silicone spray into the corners of the seats where the backs meet the bottoms and it's all nice and quiet. Even my gf who calls me Mr OCD was impressed :D

Nice idea, might try this on my centre console, there is some annoying rubbing type noises coming from the switches and side console strut type bits.

Do it. Noise hunting can be rewarding!

Back
Top Bottom