What have you done to your car today?

excellent work on the wrapping howard! :) if it was me id try and do the ac and the stereo surround too

I was tempted, but I thought it'd be too difficult to wrap the stereo fascia and get the wrap in the cubby hole bit whilst still looking good, if that makes sense. That, and the silver trim was only added as a bit of an 'accent' as it usually is, and I think if you start wrapping everything in sight then it can quickly stop looking as good. :)

The stereo fascia pretty much exactly matches the climate control fascia in natural light, it just doesn't appear so in the photos for some reason :p

Also, can anyone play spot the difference (apart from the wrap) in the old vs new interior pics? :p

I also need to do the silver steering wheel spokes still.. But I'm in two minds about wrapping them. Maybe I'll try one and see how it comes out.

Don't think the spare wheel has never been out of this car, the tyres still got the little stubbles all over the tread. Unfortunately the release mechanism was rusted in so I had to get frisk with rust eater, except when I gave it a quick tug it released the whole bloody thing.

Weight saving yo :cool:

kOdQKI9l.jpg

Just need to get it all cleaned up now and give it a spray

Looks 10 times better there Howard! Top job!

In other news, burnt my hand (or at least it blummin' well felt like it!) on my black TRD gearknob after getting into the car today :p Couldn't beleive how hot it was. Touching the leather rim and metal spokes of my Nardi steering wheel was fun too!

All that new front end on, was a right bear of a job pushing the bushes on the arms.

God damn clunking in the front is still there though! Got to be wheel bearing or top mount but the bearing doesn't whine and the mount feels tight. Any ideas guys, it's most pronounced when driving very slow like walking pace, and is a bit worse when braking gently. Can feel it through the pedals, irritating me now.

On the other hand, the Meyle/HD arms are a nice touch, steering feels more immediate for sure. Didn't do a very good job of setting the track rods, off to alignment tomorrow :)

All that new front end on, was a right bear of a job pushing the bushes on the arms.

God damn clunking in the front is still there though! Got to be wheel bearing or top mount but the bearing doesn't whine and the mount feels tight. Any ideas guys, it's most pronounced when driving very slow like walking pace, and is a bit worse when braking gently. Can feel it through the pedals, irritating me now.

On the other hand, the Meyle/HD arms are a nice touch, steering feels more immediate for sure. Didn't do a very good job of setting the track rods, off to alignment tomorrow :)

Not seen any previous posts of yours but...checked your brakes? Could be a slightly warped disk

I fact no, I don't think that at all. That wouldn't clunk. Calliper would be more likely but now that I'm thinking about it I don't think it would be brakes at all. Hmm. Wheels balanced properly?

Last edited:
Wheels are balanced yeah, there's no vibration at speed through the wheel or brake pedal. In fact, you can't notice the clunk at speed only a creeping speed. It might still be there but you can't hear it. I will check the caliper is tight actually. I do have another brake related noise from the same corner, the pads rattle even though all the anti-rattle hardware is in place, that's irritating too.

Back
Top Bottom