What have you done to your car today?

Unsuccessfully tried to fix a rattle in my dashboard area on my Seat Ibiza. I will not be defeated though. I am armed with all manner of screwdrivers, foam and whatever else it takes to put an end to the mocking rattle that lurks behind my dials!!!

I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I found the noise :D

Turned out to be the bonnet hinges/brackets. Bit of oil and lubricating later and it's silent.

:D

Time to wash it later to celebrate ;)

Picked up my pug from getting new front disks/pads, new drivers side drive shaft and a much needed service.
Decided to wash both cars when I got back. First time the peugeot has been washed in about 6 months

Finally got round to fitting my new discs and pads, such an easy job, one pin and that's about it.

Need to sort some new decals and paint the calipers, 60k of abuse has taken its toll!

asSTIP1l.jpg.png

Dirty!

Got a new AC belt tensioner to fit tomorrow, current ones sounding shot.

Having a cup of tea while the WD-40 soaks in, then probably beating the **** out of it. :D

2013-06-01174138_zps94e07f31.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the rear shocks, one definitely had an issue -

photocsc.jpg

Replaced an exhaust mount in an effort to establish why it's squeaking all the bloody time!

Also took a caliper off and had a clean as the wheel wasn't moving freely when jacked up, think it's ok now.

Glad you got to the bottom of it Howard!

I've had a mixed day.

On the one hand I sorted a slow leak on one of the MX-5's tyres by getting the valve replaced and re-beaded.

On the other hand the Mondeo overcooling saga continues:

I finally got around to fitting the genuine Ford coolant stat (and stat housing) then went for a drive.

The temp gauge moved (which is an improvement) but still wasn't getting up to 12 o'clock on the dial.

I got into the onboard diagnostics with a digital temp readout instead of the dial and then sat at idle for about half an hour with the header-tank cap off and the front driver's side jacked up to make it the highest point in the car to try and clear any airlocks.

Initially it was sat at around 65°C then slowly started to creep up. It finally got to 80°C (the temp the stats are supposed to open) and sat there for a bit. Then, all of a sudden, it shot up to 90°C. I checked the header tank and it looked like a big airlock had suddenly cleared.

Thinking that might have solved the issue I went for another run but as soon as it started moving the temp dropped back down to 70°C. :mad:

Got home and whacked my kitchen probe into the header tank and the coolant was at 90°C so it muat be a faulty temp sender… sigh.

Washed it yesterday, been filthy for 2 months can't quite get my head around the cleanliness of it now.
That's boring though, car is loaded with fuel, tyres, tools, jack, hemlet. Ready for a day of dori dori in the sun tomorrow, super excited :D

From what I've read, it's a bit of a bugger.

You need a socket with a gap in the side to allow the cable to sit in it. You then have to feed it through a hole in one of the pulleys for the power steering pump belt…

AD08 R RE070 F. Got to be honest the RE070 suck compared with the Yokos, even in the hot dry conditions they don't have comparable grip and I do experience understeer during fast road driving, not been on track with this setup. Having said this, when I fitted these I did go a bit milder with the setup only -2deg front now, still fairly aggressive and I shouldn't be getting hassled by Audis :/
For drift I will run AD08 up front (a different set), and an assortment of Avon/Pirelli/Bridgestone rear that I got for free. Hope 6 will last as 2 pairs have good tread depth, failing that I'll buy more from the van.

I will buy a new pair of AD08 for the road wheels but might be 2 months away now :(. Body repair, suspension overhaul, insurance and tax kind of putting a drain on me atm. Oh yeah, I bought a new diff too which I'm going to rape for its crown wheel&pinion and fit to mine along with new clutches and hopefully adjusted ramp angles. Had this car a while and it's never been so expensive as now!

Last edited:
Just come in from the garage now. All finished.
I did have to beat the **** out of it but that didn't work so ended up going to B&Q for a the most powerful blow torch they had. :D
That got it.. (after some more beating the **** out of it while it was hot. :D )

Too knackered to bother with a test drive, got to be up at 9am tomorrow for a 40-50 mile cycle ride.

Back
Top Bottom