What have you done to your car today?

I used A-Plan for my MX5, they were the best cover by far. Sky were the only ones close, but that was for TPFT cover with no protected no claims or DOC cover. A-Plan provided it all with the extra bits for £50 or so less.

Sorted a rather nasty misfire under load, low revs high gear floor it and the car would fire hiccup quite badly, not ideal and most off putting.

Picked up a few bits, new cam sensor, fuel filter and a new coil as a process of elimination as the car wouldn't log a fault

Turned out cyl 3 had a dodgy coil and after a process of elimination moving it about the cylinders it finally came down to cyl 3. Result!

New coil fitted and all spot on, very happy!

Picked my car up from the bodyshop. Bumper looks fantastic! However they forgot to spray the wing mirror so has to go back :(

Also treated it to a cheapo national tyres oil change. Plenty of horror stories online but my local is great, no fuss, can't knock a £40 oil and filter change.

Picked my car up from the bodyshop. Bumper looks fantastic! However they forgot to spray the wing mirror so has to go back :(

Also treated it to a cheapo national tyres oil change. Plenty of horror stories online but my local is great, no fuss, can't knock a £40 oil and filter change.

Not sure if they're still doing it but recently got a £10 off voucher for doing a short satisfaction survey on their website. Think you need a receipt number or something. Anyway, meant I got my last oil and filter change for about £26, which is less than the oil and filter would have cost to buy.

After discovering that the old owner of my Accord had filled large sections of the exhaust to get it to pass an MOT (when it was poked, either rust or filler fell out), I had my garage change the mid pipe and two rear backboxes.. Shiny shiny now!

ECP had an offer on ATE super r blue brake fluid so got 2ltrs, want to flush out the dot 5.1 in the system, hopefully get better brake feel, think the abs / tcs /esp pump has a little air in it, going to be fun tomorrow with the vac bleeder!

The MSV guys are pretty cool up there. Did a day there in Feb, it rained late on and most packed up and left. I spent half an hour on track just drifting and they never said a word about it. Conversely I've had a full on *******ing by the head guy at Donington for a sly little skid around coppice.
Anyway, I expect there will be video?

ECP had an offer on ATE super r blue brake fluid so got 2ltrs, want to flush out the dot 5.1 in the system, hopefully get better brake feel, think the abs / tcs /esp pump has a little air in it, going to be fun tomorrow with the vac bleeder!

Ive always found cars felt nicer on dot4 over 5.1

I heard they do a normal colour version of it too, never seen it for sale though? I need to change mine out and it makes it so much simpler when the colour is different.

The metal can states the blue version isn't for road use, but the colour was one of my reasons for buying it, I can make sure all the 5.1 is flushed out.

I've never seen the gold colour for sale either, might just be a USA thing?

SRF much better? Lol, £45 and for racing, sounds ideal!

The MSV guys are pretty cool up there. Did a day there in Feb, it rained late on and most packed up and left. I spent half an hour on track just drifting and they never said a word about it. Conversely I've had a full on *******ing by the head guy at Donington for a sly little skid around coppice.
Anyway, I expect there will be video?

But of course, there is always video! ;) Soon to come!

Back
Top Bottom