What have you done to your car today?

I've got 3 points (PC30), for stopping too close to a pedestrian crossing to let the missus put a letter in the post box, and they expire on 1st July. If I try to get insurance with them it's £800 more, absolutely insane! The offence has cost me around £1000-1500 over the past 5 years yet no one else with the same offence has had the same financial penalties for some strange reason.

My keys are limited to car, house, Lego Chewbacca and Lego Stig, that's enough for me!

Resprayed my lower grilles as they had a few stone chips.

2uxv.jpg

Bad luck the guy with the blue ST, just done the same. My White ST was absolutely mint and gleaming (detailed regularly) but due to having to dodge a kid in a car park and planting it into a bollard (:@), I have a nice scrape across 3 panels that I have no hope in hell of affording to fix!

Also got a botched wheel refurb and the paint is peeling off, and the guy is now nowhere to be found so you are not the only one having bad luck, I'm there with you :D lol

Had two new front tyres fitted and then had the car aligned at alineyoucar in Dudley.

This was my last alignment done by them:

aq33.jpg

And then this is how it was done yesterday:

kzfu.jpg

I did some tweaks on Friday with the intention of getting it aligned before I did Oulton Park, but they were too busy to get me done. So just look at how awful my alignment was when I did a sprint day :o !

Anyway, more camber, more caster - better than before right? :)

I have a PC30 (might of expired by now). Never effected my insurance.

Infact no insurance has been bothered about 3 points when I have rang around for quotes. Its when you go over 3 points you need to get the lube out.

I have a PC30 (might of expired by now). Never effected my insurance.

Infact no insurance has been bothered about 3 points when I have rang around for quotes. Its when you go over 3 points you need to get the lube out.

I've only ever had the PC30 *touches wood* and it's cost me a fair whack over 5 years. Maybe they just don't like my postcode with any offence but I've spent countless hours shopping around to get decent quotes and the PC30 has always added on a few hundred each year.

Having recently moved my commute MPG has now broken the magical 33MPG barrier for the very first time. Woo! Not bad for a wheezy ol' TT that still gets some pedal to the metal action most mornings.

Oddly, the distance is the same, but I now barrel along B roads rather than pootle round town/hammering down a dual carriageway. These country roads aren't doing it any favours though. So many rattles. :(

Topped up the oil... Been having a "check oil level" message appear, so I checked the oil level and it was above the low mark. I took it to the garage and they said it was just a faulty sensor. Anyhow, ordered some oil and topped it up. No more message...

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom