What have you done to your car today?

Unfortunately no, I've not seen my blow torch in ages. In any case, even if the flange came off I'm not 100% confident giving it to my friend to weld as if the alignment is out it just won't fit so ill palm it off to a posh exhaust place

Took the Corrado for a night time drive. Roof open, windows down, heater on, music on, moon above. Sometimes the simple pleasures are the best. The sound of a VR6 is addictive :)

Steam cleaned, wire brushed, painted and rust proofed the sub-fame.. well, someone did it for me for 100 quid as I dont have the time or space to do it myself.

Not very sexy, but I feel better for having it done. Luckily the car was from florida before it was in Dubai, so it was really just some surface rust, nothing serious

did some electrics on the old pickup, fixed the door switch for a light and installed a lights on buzzer from a seat Ibiza
also added an aux in and power socket in the glove box...

Head unit upgrade ordered, collecting tomorrow. About time I had bluetooth streaming, means one less storage medium to sync up with when adding music. Also nav through car speakers and calls.

This (with amber light theme):
ANCDE-178BT_800.jpg

Alpine IDE-178BT

Always liked Alpine's sound but never their designs, always "in your face" with weird angles and lines sticking out. This is the first one I've seen that's actually quite flat with only the rotary sticking out and not a silver wheel either.

One thing that Sony did with one of their mechless units is give you a storage compartment with a USB port behind the face so you could put your phone or MP3 player in there nicely tucked away, how useful is that?

On the other hand that same Sony unit is ugly as hell to look at. Pioneer seem to make some nice units as well but the features available don't always support all devices, they seem iPod/Phone biased quite a bit actually. The one unit I was going to get only supported album art when an iPhone was being used which is pointless when it comes with a big 3" colour screen :/

Last edited:
I'd rather stick to the speed limit than have that. In fact, I'd rather have points than have that clutter all over the dash :/

Completely agree.

And to be honest the only speed cameras worth detecting are mobile vans - which this won't until its too late.

If you need a device to tell you there is a GATSO beside the road are you really paying enough attention to be speeding :p

Back
Top Bottom