What have you done to your car today?

Bought it a new gadget:

20130622_175655.jpg

It's a Valentine 1 radar detector, can pick up GATSOs and Gantry GATSOs from a decent distance giving plenty of warning :D

Was too *****/impatient to get it installed properly, so broke out the sellotape and did a ghetto fix myself:

20130622_175339.jpg

20130622_175348.jpg

20130622_175356.jpg

20130622_175816.jpg

Will get it done properly at some point so that it doesn't need to be plugged in and take up the cigarette lighter, but as a temporary fix, it shall do.

Had one of the most deflating days of working on a car ever

What was it? I had one of those days the other day, took the clutch pedal off as it was stiff and noisy. Realised just what a task I had given myself to get it back in. Add to that Audi had supplied me with the wrong bushes for the pedal.

Fast forward two days, the pedal was refitted with the correct bushes, bled the clutch, all greased up. Now the clutch pedal is as light as anything. So glad I did it in hindsight. :)

Last edited:
What was it? I had one of those days the other day, took the clutch pedal off as it was stiff and noisy. Realised just what a task I had given myself to get it back in. Add to that Audi had supplied me with the wrong bushes for the pedal.

Fast forward two days, the pedal was refitted with the correct bushes, bled the clutch, all greased up. Now the clutch pedal is as light as anything. So glad I did it in hindsight. :)

The BMW picked up a bad exhaust blow this week and it quickly got a lot worse

I expected it to be a small flex section on the manifold, which would have required removal to repair (evil job)

Turns out not to be the case and the blow was actually on a flange for one of the cats, the pipe was totally separated

I spent all afternoon trying to get one bolt out and didn't succeed. As the pipe had come away from the flange I removed the exhaust and spent ages with a grinder to remove the head of the bolt. Even with the head gone I cannot get the bolt out

Apart from breaking a 3/8 universal joint I got nothing done

Ill also have to resort to using a garage for the first time in many years. I hope it doesn't become more insulting

Back
Top Bottom