What have you done to your car today?

Would you mind doing a comparison once you've got a few miles on the new rubber? I've got CS3 on my 530i right now and while still have loads left in them I'd like to know if it's worth changing when the time comes.

Sure, will update you in a couple of months. CS5 are not available all round for my staggered style 66 (17 inch).

After 30k km with the original Dunlops on my GTI the road noise was starting to grate, and I had a slow puncture on one corner, so new Conti Sport Contact 5s fitted today with alignment..The drive home was SO enjoyable :)

Realised I will be needing new tyres all round very soon, fronts are on the limit and rears have 2mm or so left. Sigh.

Ha ha I'm in exactly the same situation at the moment. Just over the limit on the front and 2mm on the rear :eek:

I'm torn between spending £500 on new tyres for my existing cs wheels or take the plunge and get some different wheels.

Lost a centrecap off one of my alloys :( It'd been loose for about 3 years, as the plastic had shrunk when I had a seized brake caliper and it had heated up everything like crazy. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest :o New ones are 13 quid.

Ha ha I'm in exactly the same situation at the moment. Just over the limit on the front and 2mm on the rear :eek:

I'm torn between spending £500 on new tyres for my existing cs wheels or take the plunge and get some different wheels.

Going to get a pair of Vred's for the front to match the back, must have 14k miles on the rears atm, and probably have a couple thou left.

£86 a tyre too!

Fitted X brace, online guide made it look like a pain, it was easy enough.

Well, I drove it last night and was pleasantly surprised. I went into this thinking it would be just another upper brace which does nothing at all, very sceptical.
Turns out it does actually make a nice difference though, definitely noticeable. Not sure how to describe the difference but the front end feels really stable and more able to hold it's line without any steering correction.
Matt82, get on with it! :p

In other news, the horrible knocking that I thought I'd fixed, it came back just as bad as before. Knew it was too good to be true. Also hit a suicidal cat, tried my best to avoid it but it darted right into my path right as I got level with it. I turned around and went back but it was gone. Not much clearance under my car, can't have done it much good at all, feel bad about it but there's nothing I could have done. Anyway, that ripped the lip off and broke the bumper a bit more than it already was.

Going to get a pair of Vred's for the front to match the back, must have 14k miles on the rears atm, and probably have a couple thou left.

£86 a tyre too!

That's not too bad at all. I was looking at CS5 or F1 Asy2's which come in at £103 each.

I think now might be the time to change my alloys though, I've never been a huge fan of the existing ones and I'll never get the money back on tyres if I buy them now and try and sell the wheels with them on.

That's not too bad at all. I was looking at CS5 or F1 Asy2's which come in at £103 each.

I think now might be the time to change my alloys though, I've never been a huge fan of the existing ones and I'll never get the money back on tyres if I buy them now and try and sell the wheels with them on.

My MV2's are literally impossible to clean, must be the hardest wheels to clean on the planet, also been curbed to all hell :(

Well, I drove it last night and was pleasantly surprised. I went into this thinking it would be just another upper brace which does nothing at all, very sceptical.
Turns out it does actually make a nice difference though, definitely noticeable. Not sure how to describe the difference but the front end feels really stable and more able to hold it's line without any steering correction.
Matt82, get on with it! :p

thanks for the tip, ill have to add that to the never ending list of things to do.

so the upper brace made no difference to yours?

This happened:

dqsc.jpg

My MV2's are literally impossible to clean, must be the hardest wheels to clean on the planet, also been curbed to all hell :(

I can imagine :eek: I find mine a pita to clean and they've only god a handful of spokes :o

I've potentially agreed to buy a set of wheels I've found online, 19" 9.5j rear and 8.5j front, should hopefully be picking them up next weekend - can't wait :cool:

Back
Top Bottom