What have you done to your car today?

Do you mean the rectangle with the circle in it or the square cubby? The square cubby is just that, and the other bit is the coin holder, it flips round to hold coins (although I was helpfully told by BMW that it doesn't like £1 coins :( ) will grab a pic when I head out in a sec.

Cool ta, that's quite nice actually. I could fit a flush mount USB port into one of the cupholders as well and route to the back of the HU, makes things less faff than opening the glovebox to connect a USB device.

How much was the whole thing?

I use the armrest for all coin/card storage. £1 coins fit in there just fine :p

Last edited:
Not content with buying the same colour car as mine, you're copying my interior mods as well now hey lol :p

It makes the car much more practical doesn't it. Don't think I'll ever use the coin holder but the cup holders were definitely something missing from the interior.

mrk - think I paid around £45 for both units off eBay iirc..genuine BMW parts and it worked out a bit cheaper than buying from the dealer.

I could sell the slide door cubby and get that then as recently I've stopped using it (pen holder only gets used). I'd probably not use it for cups though.

I painted my bootlid spoiler today, but went a bit ott with the polishing so need to now give it another coat or two where I've rubbed back down to the primer.

Shame really as the finish would have been superb otherwise.

Forgot to take a pic Robbie, I'll remember next time and WhatsApp it too you :) The units cost me just over £50 or so from a main dealer.

Not content with buying the same colour car as mine, you're copying my interior mods as well now hey lol :p

It makes the car much more practical doesn't it. Don't think I'll ever use the coin holder but the cup holders were definitely something missing from the interior.

I even went to Thorpe Park with it like you did but forgot to take a picture :p

Major increase in practicality, and like you I doubt I'll ever use the coin holder, but the huge hole behind the cupholders was annoying me, even though the arm rest covered it lol.

IMG_2772_zpsabf442c8.jpg

Got him down to £111.

Not bad for a full set. Still amazes me how awesome there CS is.

Are you doing it yourself Rybo?

Yeah, hoping for a dry day tomorrow.

should have changed them when i took the calipers off to paint, but i was determined that i would end up doing the Focus ST upgrade in the end. So i just cleaned them up instead. Least i got another 3-4k miles out of the old lot.

Forgot to take a pic Robbie, I'll remember next time and WhatsApp it too you :)
:mad::mad::mad:

I'll remember next time and WhatsApp it too you :)
:D

The new head unit fitted, my battery died mid fiddling with the dash so this set me back a couple of hours while I faffed around with that and bought a new battery from Halfords, £100 for a Bosch.

Anyway, the head unit, voice calls via the included mic are super clear, the mic has been routed in via the glovebox as has the USB connection and I've used the very handy clip it comes with to attach it to the lip of the glovebox door thus removing any messy cabling around the dash. The USB cable also is fitted this way so now I can place my Note II on the centre console bit, connect the short USB cable to charge and stream music over bluetooth. No need to mess with the lighter socket any more.

The bluetooth stream quality is very good, can't tell the difference from the USB stick.

In terms of features, I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. Bluetooth connection from bootup is very quick, less than 10 seconds. It shows reception and battery on the screen and can import the phone book/call lists etc but I found scrolling those to be tedious since it's an Android device and the HU appears to pull in all contacts in one big list and not the grouped lists I have on the phone.

Not an issue for me I can handle browsing and calling using voice commands or the phone screen from the centre console anyway.

I use PowerAmp as my music player on the phone and the HU's skip/forward etc controls work fine but skipping to the next/previous folder does not work using PowerAmp. It should work fine with the stock music player though but I didn't try this as I don't have it.

You can pair up to 3 bluetooth devices.

You have a wealth of audio settings to play with from mases of crossover frequencies to fine tuning the 9 band EQ. I have not yet found the sweet spot yet for my car although it's very close to the Pioneer it replaced, the bass is a lot stronger on the Alpine. Before it sounded like I had a sub, now it sounds like I have 2 subs. Bass is not boomy.

The button lights can change colour but the screen colour remains as is.

It remembers track position on bluetooth streamed music and resumes playing the moment it connects back up to the phone - Well, PowerAmp does and resumes since that's the default player :p

Pictures:

Alpine_night.jpg

Alpine_day1.jpg

Alpine_day2.jpg

In B4 OMGWTFugly.

Now, what the hell can I do with the now defunct 32GB USB stick...

Last edited:
I picked up my Astra from Vauxhall.

Considering the car had a Network Q quality check and an MOT done (5 months early) they failed to spot a large gash in one of the tyres and one of the seatbelts having a split in the side of the web, Both MOT safety fails but fine by Vauxhall.

Today after picking it up for a second time I have noticed the Oil is about a litre over filled and my nice new tyres were only inflated to 21Psi and 24Psi. So tomorrow I will be doing a thorough check over the car and draining the oil back to max marker.

Vauxhall main dealers are useless and some of the biggest cowboys going tbh.

Last edited:
I picked up my Astra from Vauxhall.

Considering the car had a Network Q quality check and an MOT done (5 months early) they failed to spot a large gash in one of the tyres and one of the seatbelts having a split in the side of the web, Both MOT safety fails but fine by Vauxhall.

Today after picking it up for a second time I have noticed the Oil is about a litre over filled and my nice new tyres were only inflated to 21Psi and 24Psi. So tomorrow I will be doing a thorough check over the car and draining the oil back to max marker.

Really? I'd be throwing it back at the dealer to sort, or at the very least invoicing them for the remedial work. What's the point in spending time dicking about with a car that you just bought from a Vauxhall main dealer?

Last edited:
IMG_2772_zpsabf442c8.jpg

Got him down to £111.

Not bad for a full set. Still amazes me how awesome there CS is.

*Shudder* hope you have better luck with them than some of us have. I'm sure you will, they probably sell thousands of them every day, but for me at least, i won't be going back to Pagid for all the tea in China if it turns out that they've caused my braking problems.

You the BMW guy? Have you not got to the problem yet? Thought it was a sticky calliper?

I have used a full set of Pagid disks and pads on my Civic, Fiesta ST and Astra VXR and never had a problem. If I did, I know ECP would happily refund me or replace.

Really? I'd be throwing it back at the dealer to sort, or at the very least invoicing them for the remedial work. What's the point in spending time dicking about with a car that you just bought from a Vauxhall main dealer?

Car was thrown back and new seatbelt and two new tyres fitted. They also extended my Warranty to 2 years from November and will cover the next two services as well.

I will just drain the oil myself as it will take a few mins and saves sitting in Vauxhall bored and tbh I'm not sure I trust they have the ability tbh.

Back
Top Bottom