What have you done to your car today?

Head unit bumpf

That's very nice. I'm very curious how well the BT audio works with the iPhone with apps such as Spotify. Also does it come with an iPod/iPhone (dock connector) USB cable or do you have to buy that separately?

Why couldn't you have bought it before the southern meet so I could have had a play?! :D

If I do end up getting one I can just copy my parametric EQ settings over from my existing unit I guess which is nice.

£180 does seem like a good price for what it is - I'd have thought Alpine would have priced it nicely over the £200 mark.

*Shudder* hope you have better luck with them than some of us have. I'm sure you will, they probably sell thousands of them every day, but for me at least, i won't be going back to Pagid for all the tea in China if it turns out that they've caused my braking problems.

You the BMW guy? Have you not got to the problem yet? Thought it was a sticky calliper?

I have used a full set of Pagid disks and pads on my Civic, Fiesta ST and Astra VXR and never had a problem. If I did, I know ECP would happily refund me or replace.

I had a bit of grief getting the Pagid pads to sit properly in my carriers with the metal lugs in place. I also don't think they perform quite as well as Ford OEM stuff. But the disks are fine and they worked well enough overall.

The BMW picked up a bad exhaust blow this week and it quickly got a lot worse

I expected it to be a small flex section on the manifold, which would have required removal to repair (evil job)

Turns out not to be the case and the blow was actually on a flange for one of the cats, the pipe was totally separated

I spent all afternoon trying to get one bolt out and didn't succeed. As the pipe had come away from the flange I removed the exhaust and spent ages with a grinder to remove the head of the bolt. Even with the head gone I cannot get the bolt out

Apart from breaking a 3/8 universal joint I got nothing done

Ill also have to resort to using a garage for the first time in many years. I hope it doesn't become more insulting
finally got the cat off the manifold. it took two full afternoons.

this is another example of APES working on a car and ruining things.

the exhaust is off the car. there it has been extremely lowered in the past the exhaust is battered to death and multiple joints have failed. i dont think i can get the car on the road for monday

The flange was impossible to remove because they had used a shouldered bolt, with a taper, and rather than wind a nut on the end (you can only access the bolts from one direction) they wound the over sized bolt into the nut and made the whole thing impossible to remove.

I think ill patch it up on the cheap as i think its barely salvageable.

i will then keep an eye out for a second hand supersprint or eisenmann as a permanent solution.

:mad::mad:

Had it on the rolling road :D

9169277474_be77d06505_b.jpg

Took it for a drive to charge the battery. Not much life in it when starting the car. The battery is pretty old, so don't think it is holding its charge well. Hopefully haven't got a drain somewhere.

Some new rear tyres!

Had ContiSportContact 2's on front and rear, recently changed the fronts for ContiSportContact 5P's, and have just had the 5Ps fitted to the rear. They are a bit scrabbly at the moment so will give them a while to wear in before judging! Unfortunately, 275 30 R19 doesn't make for a cheap tyre :(

Booked it in to go see the doctor on Wednesday. The traction control and handbrake lights came on while driving along a couple of weeks ago, but a cycle of the ignition sorted it out for a while. It's now happening every day.

A quick scan with DIS shows that it's probably a fault with a brake pressure sensor, so she's going in to BMW to get it sorted (hopefully all under warranty!). Not what I needed after just buying a new road bike and treating myself to a steering wheel re-trim, but oh well needs must :)

Not today but yesterday, had Bilstein B8's fitted to my focus, a lot less crashier, haven't been on any proper roads yet but has been ok just crushing around the doors, awaiting delivery of some camber correction bushes as the rear camber is massively out of whack, will get that sorted when I get it serviced next month.

Got rid of all the stone chips on the front of my vRS (there were lots).

Difficult to even see where the touch up paint has been put on, really pleased with the result.

Went to get some parts, as with everything e36 they are not quite what you really had in mind, but there we go, more junk.

Anyways, while there I had a quick go in a 3.0l M3 which had a light fly+clutch, open trumpets w/Alpha-N tune among other things. It was pretty darn cool and I need that engine in my life.

Well I had the front bumper off it lol, so some of my car will be genuine M3 and that surely gives it 20 more bhp right ;)

In all seriousness, that engine was really something, never experienced anything that revved quite like it, and made a fantastic sound.

Back
Top Bottom