What have you done to your car today?

Came back from holiday yesterday, started the Subaru and heard a rather loud exhaust blowing sound. Couldn't see anything apparent so started stripping it down. Found this:

x6yc.jpg

The downpipe is cracked at the flange :eek:

Had a trip from High Wycombe to Connahs Quay on Friday. Stopped at Warwick services for food+quick break.

Car wouldn't start after that. Turned over great but just not kicking into life. Nothing obvious so ring breakdown people. bout 30 mins later try again and springs into life and starts every time since.

Breakdown service arrives and reads off the fault codes. Crankshaft Sensor. From some googling it seems common for it to cause no-starts when the car is hot but after a while will be fine.

Car has started every time since though, even after the 3 hour drive back and I stopped off for 10 mins before going out again. Will be another thing I will look at though when I give it a service this weekend.

It's an old car. Things will and do break / come to the end of their life :) I keep it running though :D

Anyway it was a Hayward and Scott item, called them, quoted the receipt number and they've told me to send it back to have it repaired under their 25 year warranty.

Knew I should have took it off last night!

rps20130708_180359_461.jpg

Bluetooth firmware updated, changelog says phonebook load times sorted and also bluetooth comms issues fixed. I notice faster response in track changes now.

Howard, not forgotten to test a 4s yet!

Dentpusher South West Paintless Dent Removal

Had some car park dings on the door fixed today. Would highly recommend the chap for anyone else in the South West :). Now he's gone I cant even find where the dents were! :cool: Top bloke, top quality work, very reasonable price, and comes highly recommended on PistonHeads too (he was doing a PHer in Avonmouth this morning before me in Bath this afternoon).
To be honest, given how little it cost I now regret leaving the dents to annoy me for so long rather than having them fixed sooner.

Before Pictures:

before_1.jpg

before_2.jpg

before_3.jpg

After Pictures:

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

Contact Details:
Dentpusher - Steve Cusmans
07849 432721
www.dentpusher.co.uk
Covers Avon, Somerset, Wiltshire, etc.

Price guide is on his website (and he's upfront with the price etc), and there's a bit of discount if you've been recommended.
Paid £55 which is a bargain IMO!

Would definitely recommend him, and might even be within range for a meet or rolling road.

Today, I bought a new car (well deposit is down) and...it has the said coilovers on it...and it's the same kinda car as yours.

I was shocked how nicely it rode so you will be pleased :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to the enhanced ride more than anything else, I always put the harsh ride down much to the 40 profile tyres but since getting a mk7 ZS with the same tyre size which is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of comfort I've realised it's all in the suspension :)

Refitted ccv valve, pulled dipstick also cleaned that up and replaced seal and refitted, then inlet manifold injectors & fuel rail back on. Replaced water pump and thermostat after doing radiator and header tank the other week, took for ever awkward little bugger and stupid design but it's back on also. Have to refill coolant and check for leaks. Did mean to get oil change done but that'll be tomorrow. Cleaned up all the earth points, and found an oil leak that looks suspiciously like the vacuum pump seal. Which I'll need to find out if you can get on its own, have doubts somehow.

Last edited:
Yeah, not bad at all tbh. How did he do it? I've seen the little glue puller kits but tbh I cba.

I've got three dings I need to get someone to sort & all over machine polish, going to get it done after mot in Nov.

Back
Top Bottom