What have you done to your car today?

Some moron of a previous owner at some point split oil in the boot and didn't do even a half decent job of cleaning it up.

I tried cleaning the boot floor a few weeks ago and the paint was moving under my hand. Lucky it has only affected a central panel, I've now stripped the oily paint away and cleaned it up.

Just done a final rub down with wet & dry so it can be painted.

Decided to try out my new DA on my incredibly cloudy headlights - it didn't do a perfect job but they're a million times better. If I'd had more confidence to use the higher speed settings and perhaps applied a bit more pressure I reckon they'd have looked mint, but for now I'm amazed at the improvement

9254054319_954c6a86d8_c.jpg

Then I had a go at my dad's car and managed to get them from looking like this

9254054337_eb58900702_c.jpg

To looking like this

9254054429_c73aa32b6f_c.jpg

New brakes for the front, will stop the squealing that's just started kicking in now and again, as well as stop them being pretty dire!
vSMUXy1.jpg

New speakers+kit for the front too, later 306s come with tweeters in the mirror covers, they only cost £2 each new from Peugeot so worth putting in over the speakers that currently only point at my feet, only cheap Fli speakers but an upgrade over the 10+ year old stock items
C4O6x7W.png

Treated the M5 to £600 worth of consumables discs, pads, wear sensors, o2 sensors, top mounts, still need a few more bits like front shocks and thermostat though. Surprised how cheap quality parts are, all top brands such as bosch bilstein etc.

Discs are epic :D

Biohazard said:
Refitted ccv valve, pulled dipstick also cleaned that up and replaced seal and refitted, then inlet manifold injectors & fuel rail back on. Replaced water pump and thermostat after doing radiator and header tank the other week, took for ever awkward little bugger and stupid design but it's back on also. Have to refill coolant and check for leaks. Did mean to get oil change done but that'll be tomorrow. Cleaned up all the earth points, and found an oil leak that looks suspiciously like the vacuum pump seal. Which I'll need to find out if you can get on its own, have doubts somehow.

Got a big leak, bottom radiator hose came loose in a feat of miraculous uncoupling. The effort to get it on was difficult, I mustn't have pulled it on far enough and the clip has clipped down a notch too early but I'm not sure as it really felt like it did move enough for it to be in place properly so god knows, the rubber was a bit aged and the thermostat end seal was a bit iffy after me rather helpfully pulling it out but rather try again I thought sod it. £75 later, new bottom and top hoses to polish it off.

It helps if you slightly lubricate the female hose couplings btw!

Shocks and powerflex main suspension bushes next, followed by the diff subframe at some point when I can get a nice replacement lined up. That'll be fun! ;)

Vacuum pump repair kit on its way, worth a try before I cough up £200+ on a new one.

Yesterday I cleaned up a load of engine bay wiring, removed the spot lights (to be re-wired and re-fitted) removed, and replaced the horns.

This morning I picked up some 500mm/70mm mild steel plates to allow me to fabricate some custom mounts for a pair of MX5 seats which I purchased earlier in the week.

(This is on my MGBGT)

Collected this.

ec62a4c9826ffe369cc212fb7cc3b234_zps32997c50.jpg

Heard clicking as I drove and was hoping for a stone or something random but the clicking didnt, pulled over and heard the hissing.... :(

Put this thing on :eek:

0627c177b1286346f45d09e6ed8ca4a8_zps69b4fb74.jpg

Seem to have managed to make my car look worse. Hopefully I can fix the tyre and get a few more miles out of it as they are the OEM USDM tyre imported from the states.

Think I have found out why my car stopped working as expected on Saturday at Llandow, this was in the map sensor line...

IMAG0023_BURST002_COVER_zpsb6935e0b.jpg

And yes, that is fully sealed after melting at one end.

Today I'm mostly calling up to book the Teg in for an oil change and general 84k service (just to get the stamp) and might see if they can weld some baffles into the sump.

Will also be ordering x2 new RS2 for the Front, the service bits for above, and researching into some new discs as these Carbon Lorraine pads like eat discs like a pished up lad devours a late night curry!
Collected this.

Seem to have managed to make my car look worse. Hopefully I can fix the tyre and get a few more miles out of it as they are the OEM USDM tyre imported from the states.

Bahh!!! Bad luck :(

I think you should get the rims sprayed in a nice dark red, only a very light coat though ;)

Oh and, the damn F-Type advert shows during every ad break on the Ashes channel..... and I want one :(:(:D

Last edited:
New coolant expansion tank, cap and coolant fitted to the car yesterday after the original tank cracked. Common fault on the mk3 mondeo apparently.

Today I took it to the local polish car wash and got an in and out standard wash for £10. Finally got rid of all the tree sap that was caking my car. Looks fresh car again

Was yesterday but had to get a puncture fixed, luckily they could repair it for £20 and not cost my a new tyre, but cheeky sods charged me just over £1 for nitrogen inflation whats wrong with good old fashioned air

Kimbie

Back
Top Bottom