What have you done to your car today?

They find holes to stick there rods down. Guy who did mine worked for BMW, made all his own tools (loads of them to).

My dent was a lot worse than that clio and took him about 20min to sort it out. Then another 15min to get rid of about 10 other little dings around the car. Cost me £80.

Crazy how precise they are when poking down a hole.

That's the only thing bad about this weather. It's too hot to even wash the car, the water/suds dry on before you get chance to rinse off. Even if you do it in the shade you need to cool the car down first!

I like washing my car when it's hot, the water evaporates nice and quickly so it's not so much of an effort to dry the car with the towel after rinsing, but not polishing and waxing.

This is the best stuff i have ever used when it comes to cleaning the car nice n quickly:

247846_zps12123f92.jpg~original

Literally amazing stuff! Wash car, hot or cold, it dries its self to a perfect finish. Lasts about a month. Just go round the car with the hose pipe every other day and the dirt/dust comes straight off.

Poo'ed my self a little last night. Yellow stuff was leaking from the center of my car , didn't smell of anything, just felt like water. Was leaking for about 2 hours, checked all the pipes i could at the time, all the tanks around the engine bay. Where the **** was this leak coming from...

Sat looking on my phone at my uncles house wondering how much this one will cost me. Auntie comes in and asks whats up, bam straight away she said "had your air-con on all day?"

Got shown up by a women who wouldn't know the difference between a Ferrari and a Fiesta , lost some serious man points that day :(

I had to 'rescue' the girlfriend on Saturday from this, she sat there for an hour looking over the car trying to figure out where the water was coming from and where her coolant was... sigh

Re the Clio dent removal, he also found a tiny dent on the drivers door that I'd never noticed and did that too :). Think he was here about an hour and a half to two hours (was very much a perfectionist!).
To do it he wound the window down and then shoved various shapes and sizes of metal rods down the gap to literally push the dent out (looked as if he was breaking in :p). He had a line board to reflect onto the car as that show's up the distortion in the reflection caused by the dent nice and clearly.

Last edited:
How can he get enough force on the rods to push dents out? Sounds like witchcraft :p

What have I done to my car today? I have just re-fitted the second cold(er) air feed to the air box after I removed it last year when one of my coolant pipes sprung a leak.

What's this all about?

Well, the ST220 airbox has two inlets. The prefacelift car had two feeds to this box, but when Ford facelifted it and added the 6 speed gearbox, the gearbox linkage got in the way of the second air feed and so they simply removed the pipe, leaving the 57mm hole in the inner side of the airbox exposed to the very hot engine bay. I bought a piece of piping, attached it to the hole and routed it across the engine bay and round to the rear of the offside headlamp.

It's not perfect but it's better than how it was before and now both air intake extension pipes should be sucking in colder air than the average under-bonnet temps which, in this weather especially, along with the tight packaging of the engine under the bonnet, are pretty damn high and don't help matters in terms of heat soak and power loss at low speeds.

They massage the metal. To get the major dent out of my car he used some metal pipe with a modified golf ball on the end.

Took rear light off, poked a thin bar down a little hole and then attached hos golf ball. Then started to massage the dent and crease on my rear quarter back to normal.

done the usual rinse snowfoam rinse wash routine today. going to go out soon and polish it that the sun has gone to the back of the house.

my neck is red raw from sunburn.

I have colossal dent in my drivers door, I wonder if a PDR could repair it. I'd rather not replace the original door tbh.

I know somebody decent based out of Sedgely if you wanted to give him a bell...done dents on my car and my dads, comes and does it on the drive. Cost around £40 per dent last time we had work done, you'd never tell there was dent there to look.

Back
Top Bottom