What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
New rear struts and top mounts for the fiesta today, then I fixed the disintegrating heat shield fittings and discovered one of the back box hangers had rusted away before spending far too long (thanks drop link) removing one of the front struts for replacement.

Need to finish the other side in the morning, motivation is at near zero!

Soldato
Swapped broken Toyota for broken Volvo. Don't regret it yet.

So you did get the questionable R then? Traded in your favour, I hope. Vag-com cable and a free copy of VOL-FCR should let you see if ABS issue is ABS sensor or module. Ohming the sensor pathways will let you know if it's a bad splice from the swap. Plenty of wiring diagrams available to check if it's missing connections or wired incorrectly.

Caporegime
So you did get the questionable R then? Traded in your favour, I hope. Vag-com cable and a free copy of VOL-FCR should let you see if ABS issue is ABS sensor or module. Ohming the sensor pathways will let you know if it's a bad splice from the swap. Plenty of wiring diagrams available to check if it's missing connections or wired incorrectly.

I pinged you an email sir. :)

Alex Makin says the codes should clear if its plugged in. The ABS seems to still work despite the light being on.

Soldato
I pinged you an email sir. :)

Alex Makin says the codes should clear if its plugged in. The ABS seems to still work despite the light being on.

That sounds odd right off the bat, ABS/TRACS lights up to MY99 are self-clearing. That is to say that every drive cycle the system runs a diagnostic check, and if that comes up clear you get no light. The light doesn't stay on for stored faults, or anything like that, only if it detects a fault in that drive cycle.

In any case, I'll check my emails to spare this thread. Edit: no emails :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Been busy with the grinder this weekend. Got all winter to put it right again...

frunk1.jpg

frunk2.jpg

frunk3.jpg

frunk4.jpg

Soldato
Got ridiculous quotes to change the battery in my Q7 as it's housed underneath the plinth full of electrics below the passenger seat.

Bit of web based research and purchased the battery myself. Fitting took about an hour in total. Independent wanted over £200 not including labour. Audi apparently charge in the region of £350.

Battery cost just over £100. Also gave me the chance to clear out the source of a few noises (coins and marbles) and a few years worth of crud. :)

49112138586_2dd8ed2df4_c.jpg

AF1QipP90Zn7aIaKGSbjQrXJCfYK1nELLAy5exJR3dKA

Back
Top Bottom