What have you done to your car today?

Bought a new battery because the car died on me outside Mcdonalds.

I think the alternator may be buggered/on it way out, multi-meter shows same voltage at the battery when the car's off and when it's started. Diag used to show 14.4v when running but now it doesn't go past 12v.

And i changed the passenger side brake light (pointed out by the person who brought the battery).

So you have diagnosed that your alternator isn't giving out any/enough charge and because of this you had a flat battery. So......... you replaced the battery :confused:

Gave the 911 a very good washing as had to drive through some very deep puddles yesterday evening due to roads being heavily flooded, got through no issues though some people did have their hazards shortly after the puddles. :(

So gave the car a good spraying, cleared out all the radiators, all is clean again. Gave the jaguar interiors a good clean too. :)

Got some more camber shims on the way to take the front beyond -2degrees front negative camber for next track day. :D

Pulled into garage yesterday to fuel and as I done some low speed manuevering the rack started to vibrate. Pulled over pulled cover and checked fluid, barely bottom of res. Bottle was covered, as were a few things nearby. the rubber o ring while still rubbery was a bit slack/loose. Just managed to catch halfords for fluid and phoned dealer for seal, £3 something. Fluid sorted vibration, need dealer to open to get ring.

Much excitement.

Today I screwed back in one of the plastic carpet clips.

I don't understand why you keep buying these cars.. I mean, I get the Rover thing as I've owned a few myself, but why keep buying crappy examples?? Just get a decent ZT190 or ZS180 and be done with it. Constantly buying £600 ones, fixing the odd bit, then buying another seems pointless to me!

80 miles a day to work and back for poor pay means a 180 isn't really an option. :p

80 miles a day to work and back for poor pay means a 180 isn't really an option. :p

80 miles a day and you decided swapping a 2.0 diesel 75, probably one of the best cars Rover ever made, for a ZS, was a good idea? The mind boggles, the 75 was perfect unless it was a nail but you always tell us these cards are not nails so it can't have been that.

Presumably you will now spend the next 3 months telling us how good the ZS is only to change it for a 600 or something in April..

Yeah, I'm afraid it doesn't make sense Matt :p The ZS is ok in mk2 180 form, but a mk1 diesel to replace a 75??

If you are so confident you only ever want old Rovers, get something interesting like a P6 or SD1 :p

Oil replacement on Roxy (RX8) at Kwik Fit and before everyone moans and groans, watched them do it and it's drained not sucked, 5-30 Semi put in and a new oil filter... all for £39... something I couldn't do if I did it myself. So, now, every 3k miles, instead of topping up or changing and arsing about myself... just drop it in here, get the guys to do it for a bargain price. All checked and it's on maximum perfectly, not over filled or anything. Superb service :-)

Hoovered all the interior, then polished all the dashboard, used a lens cleaner on the multi CD player, topped up all the washer fluids... then forgot I needed to re-align my washer jets, will do this tonight when I get back in :-)

Oil replacement on Roxy (RX8) at Kwik Fit and before everyone moans and groans, watched them do it and it's drained not sucked, 5-30 Semi put in and a new oil filter... all for £39... something I couldn't do if I did it myself. So, now, every 3k miles, instead of topping up or changing and arsing about myself... just drop it in here, get the guys to do it for a bargain price. All checked and it's on maximum perfectly, not over filled or anything. Superb service :-)

Hoovered all the interior, then polished all the dashboard, used a lens cleaner on the multi CD player, topped up all the washer fluids... then forgot I needed to re-align my washer jets, will do this tonight when I get back in :-)

Get your oil from Opie for £20 for 5 litres, a filter is only £3 and learn to do it yourself, its a doddle.

Back
Top Bottom