What have you done to your car today?

Fitted replacement air-con evaporator.

This involved removing the glovebox, left and right trim pieces and the metal support bar inside.

In the engine bay, however, I needed to remove the strut brace, airbox, MAF, post-MAF Y-piece, traction control vacuum canister and solenoids, and the charcoal canister - just so that I can get to the 10mm bolt and 12mm nut that hold the high and low pressure pipes on!

And then, whilst I had all those bits out, I also replaced all the engine mounts with polyurethane ones (which I wasn't planning on doing today, I was planning on doing it when I get the cambelt done as one of the mounts needs removing for that), but as I'd removed all the bits I needed to remove to get to the two most difficult mounts (rear and gearbox), I thought why not!! :)

Fitted/Fitting rear parking sensors to my 2008 mondeo, thought it's a nice quick job and so far managed to get everything in easily. Now I just can't find the correct wire for reverse light, wire tracing isn't fun and annoyingly it doesn't go to the fuse box in the boot.

Fitted/Fitting rear parking sensors to my 2008 mondeo, thought it's a nice quick job and so far managed to get everything in easily. Now I just can't find the correct wire for reverse light, wire tracing isn't fun and annoyingly it doesn't go to the fuse box in the boot.

Take the multiplug off the back of the light cluster, put it into reverse, attach the ground pin of your multimeter to the body somewhere and then stab the positive pin into each connector of the multiplug until you get 12v. Verify by taking the car out of reverse and making sure you have 0v. There's your wire. :)

The C30 have the same engine as the ST?

Yep the C30 is built on the same platform as the Focus and the ST and T5 share the same engine. My C30 was covered in Ford badges under the bonnet, which is one of the reasons I got rid of it so quickly, that and realising I just couldn't deal with the styling of the rear end :p

Yep the C30 is built on the same platform as the Focus and the ST and T5 share the same engine. My C30 was covered in Ford badges under the bonnet, which is one of the reasons I got rid of it so quickly, that and realising I just couldn't deal with the styling of the rear end :p

Well, in theory it should make replacement parts cheaper when going to an indy !

Been up compounding and polishing since 7am!!

T-KUT_zps0fae336f.jpg

Fitted two of my better looking wheels which I conveniently had two new Sportrac 5s fitted to yesterday morning. Removed the two scabby looking wheels with ditch-finders on and put them in my wheel/tyre stock-pile in the garage, they could still come in handy if I get a puncture and don't want to be rolling around on a steel wheel.

Applied some Fast Glass to the windows to get rid of the watermarks left by yesterdays quick wash, then I hoovered the car out.

That's more than enough work for this warm day :p

Fitted new front anti-roll bar bushes to my gen 3 Hyundai coupe in the hope of fixing the slight rattle I have when driving down bumpy roads but it did not fix the problem. I am going to get some rear bush's and drop links just in case it is coming from the back end but I don't think it is. Also did a clutch mod where you drain the clutch fluid and take a tiny little spring out of the slave cylinder. The clutch now feels much more positive on biting point as the little spring makes the clutch return slowly and makes the clutch slip so that is now done away with. I have been told about this mod months ago on the Hyundai coupe owners club forum and no one has had any problems after taking the slow release spring out.

Just need to find this rattly clonking noise now, grrrrr

Last edited:
Sprang a leak.
9273137850_d5e473715a_o.jpg

The rubber pipe that links the tank to the filler neck has gained a hole somehow. Had to burn off nearly 3 gallons in order to stop it leaking. Temporarily repaired it using self annealing tape until I source a replacement part.
9270350723_471b1878a4_o.jpg

Eugh, cant think of anything worse than doing pads and discs all round on your knees with no air tools.

Anyway, did the oil filler neck today, fiddly job involving removing the alternator and TB then working slightly blind.

Back
Top Bottom