What have you done to your car today?

Not so much of stuff doing to my car, more like replacing my car, just fancy a change and see what I can get.

Came across this

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...08df/keywords/T5/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

Rang up in the morning to ask about it, FSH, HPI clear, etc etc, and all I need was £2500/3,000 + my car. I had planned to go there on Monday to do the part-ex but when i call back in the afternoon they had sold it to some woman !

MK1 Golf

Welded two new beae arches onto body, repair patches to inner archew both sides, welded new clutch plate repair panel into place.

Tomorrow, sand those areas, fill, sand and prime :-)

Not so much of stuff doing to my car, more like replacing my car, just fancy a change and see what I can get.

Came across this

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...08df/keywords/T5/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

Rang up in the morning to ask about it, FSH, HPI clear, etc etc, and all I need was £2500/3,000 + my car. I had planned to go there on Monday to do the part-ex but when i call back in the afternoon they had sold it to some woman !

I would have thought your Yaris was worth more than £3.5k?

I would have thought your Yaris was worth more than £3.5k?

Book price is £4,000? Most 07 plates are £4-5k, one like mine (40k miles/08 plate) on sale private I guess could be asking for £5.5-£6k. The £3.5k I am just being conservative with a part-ex value.

It hasn't depreciated too bad considering I paid £6.5k 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Nooooo, I prefer the Volvo in every way bar the boot opening (being weird). I like the more discrete styling, the interior and the look of the car in general.

Plus you don't see many C30 on the road vs the number of Focus.

I think Volvo sold about 5 C30s, they look 'ok' but hardly amazing, I'd rather put up the the slightly Chav ST image and have my pick of what to buy, plus the Focus is probably a better drive.

The C30 is about the only Volvo I wouldn't own.

I think Volvo sold about 5 C30s, they look 'ok' but hardly amazing, I'd rather put up the the slightly Chav ST image and have my pick of what to buy, plus the Focus is probably a better drive.

The C30 is about the only Volvo I wouldn't own.

Well, that's the difference between us, I would never put up with the slightly chav image of the ST, given the choice, I can live with the Volvo just fine, it's not like it handles like a bus.

The problem here is I know what I want, I want one with 1 colour paintwork, none of that dual colour rubbish, I want R-design. Then upgraded audio, winter packs etc would be a bonus. Because there are not that many around, it makes them harder to come by and hence I'm a little gutter with that one gone. The next best one i like on AT is £3,500 more at £10k!

Last edited:
No, the difference is i wouldn't buy either with my own money.

The C30 is far from a bus, its a good enough car, almost as good as a Focus....

The floating console is a nice idea and looks smart, but it means your stuck with the stock audio and no nav.

I'm a great Volvo fan, always have been, just not of the C30, don't really see how it fits in with the Volvo brand image, which is probably why it's end of production with no replacement.

Hence I would like the Dynaudio upgrade if i can find one with it.

I am not concerned about whether they are bring out a replacement for it, i am not looking to buy a replacement, i am looking to buy an old one.

Nav...unlike the BMW iDrive, as far as I know, the one in the Volvo is just the Nav? If that's the case then I can do without it.

Back
Top Bottom