What have you done to your car today?

is that a one way valve or a filter?

It was a filter.

When I had the old ecu, the MAP sensor data was all over the place, and that was meant to sort it, which it did a little.

Forgot to take it off when the ECU got swapped to a standalone.

Worst part, was the fact we were looking at the map line at Llandow when we were trying to fix it. We thought we better move the map line as it looked a bit close to the exhaust manifold and something might melt if it stayed there... :(

It was a filter.

When I had the old ecu, the MAP sensor data was all over the place, and that was meant to sort it, which it did a little.

All over the place like dodgy boost gauges needing a cigarette filter in the line to 'smooth' the input into them a bit?

-Ad- What's an RS2? presume a tyre?

Fitted new waterpump (Scorpio Cosworth).

Glad I'll never be doing that again on this car - what a complete and utter b***ache! Had to take of the rad fans, resonator box+trunking, RH tensionser, both drive belts and even then I could only get 1/8th of a turn on both water pump bolts that were behind the LH tensioner.

Here you go :p
[/IMG]

Don't disturb me, I'm going to my room!

That the standard Salsa red or the fancy metallic option?

Edit: Got bored of the configurator and price, closed it, went to browse PH classifieds for a Maserati Granturismo instead :p

Last edited:
It was a filter.

Forgot to take it off when the ECU got swapped to a standalone.

Worst part, was the fact we were looking at the map line at Llandow when we were trying to fix it. We thought we better move the map line as it looked a bit close to the exhaust manifold and something might melt if it stayed there... :(

aaah, ive heard people having to do that due to pulsing at idle

Remapped the GTI with Bluefin Stage1 today, and wow what a difference. Still just as happy around town, if not better due to the huge torque increase. But once out of town, put your foot down and the push back in the seat is fantastic right up to the redline. Should have done it sooner, anyone considering it don't hesitate! :cool:

Remapped the GTI with Bluefin Stage1 today, and wow what a difference. Still just as happy around town, if not better due to the huge torque increase. But once out of town, put your foot down and the push back in the seat is fantastic right up to the redline. Should have done it sooner, anyone considering it don't hesitate! :cool:

I was considering it for my ST TDCI. Everyone who'd had a ST TDCI raves on about it. With my car being on 128k with the original turbo, I rather not risk it.

Keep us updated with how your car gets on with it.

rps20130712_220544_226.jpg

Tyres pumped up.. Don't know Wtf has been on.my.mind the last month, normally check every week but forgot since the meet...

I try to check every week. Normally it's spot on. 2 bar at the front and 2.3 at the back. Today though it was 1.7 at the front and 2.0 at the back. The heat, it playeth games.

The car sits on the drive all day long 5 days a week and in this heat, not surprised.

Pogo stick rear suspension has been annoying me for too long and I got told off for telling the other half to wear a sports bra...

Finally sourced the 'protection kit'
WP_20130712_002_zpsb326d464.jpg

WP_20130712_003_zpsecac954e.jpg

Roll on Sunday when I have the pleasure of fitting them.

I seem to have picked up a clunk when coming to a stop and moving away slowly and also something sounds like it's rubbing when steering but only sometimes. Always something to fix on old cars :( Will check it out when it's in the air on Sunday.

93B02A82-7A6D-4430-9235-5E50A38C11EC-3023-00000585A4C49ACA.jpg

=

6C29427A-06E5-489C-A41C-A1368885C9C6-3023-00000585C00E66B3.jpg

Looks like its poking out from that angle but its flush with the arch. Required to stop the tyre catching on the spring platform now the coilovers are fitted.

418A7EC2-715B-4529-8E48-01DAB7D48ED5-3023-00000585C6AEB530.jpg

Last edited:
the past week or so...

Changed the front ARB bushes on the mr2 and MOT'd it

Sprayed the rear bumper on my lexus, decided to do it myself due to previous quality issues with body shops. Used 2k paint, this is my first attempt at spraying. The finish is straight out of the gun, I've not wet sanded it yet.

13734692177952_zps4ea0368b.jpg

nice job id say. TBH i spray stuff myself usually looks good :D
Example. My mates wife reversed in to empty lorry trailer with micra.
28820_127429873939542_860663_n.jpg

28820_127429863939543_6598887_n.jpg

How about that for 2 hour can job. There is over 0.5 inch of body filler there LOL.
When they sold it chap did not even noticed :P

Back
Top Bottom