What have you done to your car today?

Not something I've done "to" my car but my insurance renewal is August 4th and I've been looking at prices.. Aviva are winning by a good margin at £417 at the moment.. Pleased with that! Admiral don't seem to be cheaper than ~£515 so unless they can match Aviva (or get near to) when I phone them up, I might finally have to leave them after all these years!

Worth phoning the likes of Sky, AF and Greenlight, might be able to shave a few quid off. They managed to beat all the price comparison sites last time I renewed anyway.

I've got a clunk :(

Only does it when lifting off at slower speeds, when I accelerate or brake there's no noise. So maybe the CV joint has split or there's an issue with the hub/driveshaft?

Can't get it jacked up at the moment as there's some sort of thing on at the school and I need their car park.

...and I was planning of driving to Silverstone tomorrow, gah!

Hmmm.

Does the engine sound fine once warmed up, revs ok, no rattles there, etc etc?

Doesn't sound like the engine though. My CV joint split and I was driving around on it for 2 days before I realised (aka went in for MOT) and didn't make any sounds like that. I didn't lose a lot of grease though.

How does the car feel, could it be a wheel bearing?

Finally, where does it sound like it's coming from, engine bay or the arch?

Hmmm.

Does the engine sound fine once warmed up, revs ok, no rattles there, etc etc?

Doesn't sound like the engine though. My CV joint split and I was driving around on it for 2 days before I realised (aka went in for MOT) and didn't make any sounds like that. I didn't lose a lot of grease though.

How does the car feel, could it be a wheel bearing?

Finally, where does it sound like it's coming from, engine bay or the arch?

It sounds wheely from passenger side.I thought it was my lines at first but not those. Rich did my mounds so not those I guess. Dude who made the vid said it was his nuts!! He went from 110 to 120 to cure it but I'm not so sure, will check soon

Plenty do the front wheel bearings, its the rears that can be a pain to source.

Is the noise definitely coming from the front?

I had similar and it turned out to be the rear ARB bushes had disintegrated and the drop links were metal on metal. Only heard it when pulling off at low speeds like yourself.

Machine polished using 3M Finesse-it and a DA. Today I applied a good coat of wax to the bonnet alone. First time in 2 years that I've waxed my car. What a difference, water just rolls off immediately now. The wax was just basic Turtlewax stuff, I'm going to grab some Collonite 476 after it was recommended in the 'Car Cleaning Thread' and do the rest of the car. The bonnet now has a sublime shine to it. Looking forward to getting the entire car done, will look ace.

Not so much what i have done, more what i have bought...

IMG_2465_zps67c3c17c.jpg~original

IMG_2466_zps0f7a7074.jpg~original

Tax & MOT end of Feb 2014
1 owner from new

Guess how much it has cost me?

ID'd the squeak on my rear passenger wheel as not being grit in the pads as I'd hoped, but a nackered wheel bearing.

New hub assembly time for me! Ah well, at least I found a good use for the £100 I challenged off my insurance renewal 4 days ago! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom