What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Striped my front drivers side brakes down twice, to try and fix a brake binding issue causing me to fight with steering wheel to keep car straight.

Seems better for most part not fighting with the wheel but still drifting guess ill get the tracking done.

Soldato
I've done loads of oil changes myself and yeah it is a doddle... however Opie is £30.67 for 5W-30 oil... and why arse about when I can let someone else do it then I don't have to dispose of the old oil? All for £39 notes. Sorry, but it's just not worth the time or effort anymore when I pass KwikFit a lot as well... pop in, 30 minutes later walk out done.

Its cheaper than i used to pay now £16.99 for 5 litres, so its under £20 to do it yourself nearly half price.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-991-fuc...rmance-fuel-economy-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Yesterday.

Took it down South on a run, Couple of hours each way with a good break in the middle, Motor run flawlessly, I took it easy on the way down & gradually picked the pace up on the way home with an Italian tune up to finish off the last part of the journey. Was dry on the way down & ******* down on the way back but the car didn't miss a beat & stayed dry.
I find myself attached to this car within weeks & I can't remember the last time I enjoyed driving this much. :cool:

Soldato
This is actually rubbish. You saw them leaving the same depot - I very much doubt you watched them fill the tankers.

Supermarket fuel, generally, lacks some of the additives in better fuel. Often they'll conform to different standards (BS EN xxxx) which are printed on th pump. You can look them up if you feel so inclined.

ROFL, don't tell me what I did or didn't do. I watched them and have done on numerous occations when I've been running past the whole depot as that was part of my 20 mile run.

I'll believe you then as opposed to my father who worked and PRODUCED this oil and petrol as part of his job for 37 years then, the normal unleaded 95RON fuel that you buy in ASDA/SAINSBURY'S is 100% the same as the SHELL stuff. FACT. believe the internet or websites if you want to.
Internet, you can't beat people who think they know it all. Carry on.

Caporegime
ROFL, don't tell me what I did or didn't do. I watched them and have done on numerous occations when I've been running past the whole depot as that was part of my 20 mile run.

I'll believe you then as opposed to my father who worked and PRODUCED this oil and petrol as part of his job for 37 years then, the normal unleaded 95RON fuel that you buy in ASDA/SAINSBURY'S is 100% the same as the SHELL stuff. FACT. believe the internet or websites if you want to.

It isn't same

Soldato

There was an article in Evo last year (I think) where one of the executives from Shell was asked this question. Whilst the base fuel is the same (it has to conform to the relevant British standard) the additives are different and put into the tanker at the last minute. I assume he was lying then.

Soldato
I built up some 'arsed', and it is now clean inside and out. But for how long?

HjzCg.jpg

Also done tyre pressures and vacuumed most of the conifer tree I park under out from the scuttle panel and engine bay.

Soldato
Just had the following done on the Mondeo:

• Rear wheel bearing
  • Rear suspension bushes
  • Rear brake pads
  • N/S front brake hose
  • Water pump belt replaced
  • Major service
  • MOT

Despite a 20% discount and a free MOT it still came to over £1,000. :(

I drew the line at £30 for an indicator bulb (fitted). :p

Soldato
Cheers. I know how hard it is to gather up enough enthusiasm in this weather. I've contemplated taking it to a hand car wash place but I don't trust other people either.

Back
Top Bottom