What have you done to your car today?

Well, an interesting couple of days off.
I spied a rather nice ZT-T on eBay, and moving house in a couple of months means an estate would be handy.

Put in a cheeky bid, forgot... and won it. :o bugger!

Needed a fair bit of DIY work for the MOT, most of which I took off the 75. I then broke the 75 for spares and got £200 more than I paid for it back! Shows how much the rest of it was worth :p

Now have a 53 plate ZT-T diesel with a full year's ticket for no additional cost over the 75, it's in that lovely Trophy Blue and also has the 18" Hairpin alloys and roof rails etc. Brand new clutch, DMF, Master and Slave 12 months ago at a cost of £1100 (the main reason for looking, the 75 could do with a new clutch as it's heavy @ 156,000 miles).

To pass the MOT it needed a lower arm, strut top bearings (fitted these new as they're cheap enough) and the MAF from my 75.

Fingers crossed for a nice upgrade ;)

Cheers

Id hardly call it an upgrade but an automatic '13 plate, 3,500 miles on the clock, dark grey / black A4 2.0 TDI Quattro, full leather, MMI / Sat Nav and bells and whistles has just been dropped off :)

Nice car and if nothing else the automatic and diesel should make the drive to Cornwall and back slightly easier and cheaper :) The sports mode box may also get a try out on the back roads, not my A5 but im sure it will do for a fortnight :P

Just washed it, clayed it, polished it and waxed it. Collinite 476s is a pain in the **** if you leave it to dry for to long. Stood buffing for 5 minutes for one panel! Oh well, the beading is epic and the water just sheets off, so I will only need to snow foam it and dry it once a week now :D

1077227_708384655844058_918734473_o.jpg

When i was messing around with stuff i fixed front bumper alignment ghetto style.
Nice and strait now :D

Bought & fitted new battery

Basically... I work nights.. Sunday night to Thursday night so today (Friday) is day one of the weekend.

Now I use my electric pushbike to commute the 4 miles-ish to work each night so today is the first time she's been fired up to take the missus shopping.

Whilst "er-indoors" is doing the necessaries I sit in the car and try and deafen the car park with "Da-Ch00nZ" which also makes sure no twa -er- Pilchards park their fekkin cars next to mine and dent my doors !

Unfortunately half way through a pumping choon everything went kind of fuzzy and died out. Hit the starter

Hahahahha. "oh Fusk - the missus is going to kill me" !!

Fortunately my works depot is only just across that suicidal freeway, y'know.. 2 minutes by car. But I aint going try and leg it across there so it's a half hour run round the cycleway. Workmate gives me lift back and jump starts my car. Unfortunately "er-indoors" hs beaten me and "aint best pleased" at being left standing there locked out of the car ! (I forgot to bring my phone with me)

So a new battery was immediately purchased with a flea in my ear about my poxy tunes !!

It's a hard life being a young old bar-steward !!

9pm1.jpg

0lmy.jpg

Last battery was about 7 years old so aint done bad and was probably OEM.

Cost £69.99 from Millfield Autos

Today I let the car fail an mot on.....a missing wheel nut. I actually forgot about it so its a good thing really, I have now resolved said potentially disastrous and extremely perilous safety issue though so everything's OK in the world.

Thinking about giving it a service of sorts too this weekend as it still wants to wait another 5.5k which will actually take me a while this year. Depends on how the weather looks tomorrow mind you!

Today I let the car fail an mot on.....a missing wheel nut. I actually forgot about it so its a good thing really, I have now resolved said potentially disastrous and extremely perilous safety issue though so everything's OK in the world.

Thinking about giving it a service of sorts too this weekend as it still wants to wait another 5.5k which will actually take me a while this year. Depends on how the weather looks tomorrow mind you!

My new car failed it's last MOT (not under my ownership) on both front wheels having a nut missing, due to locking wheel bolts that had to be forcibly removed.

Went down to Rochester with my dad today to look at this

etj3.jpg

Everything checked out so he ended up buying it, I'm rather jealous that he now has 5.7 litres to play with! It's been LPG converted which is definitely a plus as it's hilariously bad on fuel. He managed 7MPG on the test drive :p

Back
Top Bottom