What have you done to your car today?

Ok.. After buying the new battery yesterday I ordered from Amazon a pack of Dynamat extreme (£147) and chose 3 day super-saver delivery (free) with the plan to install it next weekend.

It came today @ 13:00

Gobsmacked

So after din dins I figured I'd have a crack at installing it.

Now it should be noted that I was rather sceptical about this stuff but I really wanted to at least cut out the "buzzes".

OMG.. You all gotta buy this stuff. I only did the drivers door before calling it quits for the day but booger ... You can feel the pressure wave hit your leg and make yer legs hairs rattle !!

Box weighed a tonne (felt like it anyway)
3cop.jpg

omlg.jpg

Nine sheets to the wind !!
9qy4.jpg

d2pf.jpg

j3la.jpg

0ry1.jpg

I also added a layer where the OEM plastic sheet was but like a muppet I forgot to take a pic of that.

Trimmed back a tad of the inside of the speaker door card and reinstalled everything.

Oh... If anyone knows the name and location of the assembly line dood that puts that black sticky gunge on the inside of the plastic "weatherproofing" I've got a severe nut-kicking lined up for him !!

Damn stuff gets everywhere. I've used up most of my bottle of white spirit and rags cleaning that shy*e off !!

finally fixed the knocking noise on the saxo of doom, searched for 3 hours with it up on a ramp checking all bushes etc, couldn't find it anywhere, no play in ANYTHING.

Bought a new set of droplinks for £15 in the off chance it may be those, snapped my grinding disk getting one side out so only replaced one side for now, knocking gone!

Couldn't be happier, £7.50 and 45 mins and its back to normal :)

£7.50 droplinks and the knocking will probably be back soon! The only ones I used to find on my saxo lasted more than a matter of months were febi bilstein ones. They are the same as the OEM Citroen ones just without the PSA packaging but a lot cheaper. But around £20 each.

Bought & fitted new battery

So a new battery was immediately purchased with a flea in my ear about my poxy tunes !!

9pm1.jpg

0lmy.jpg

Last battery was about 7 years old so aint done bad and was probably OEM.

Cost £69.99 from Millfield Autos

That's not a battery...

THAT'S A Battery. :D

IMG_27451_zpsa8bae9ef.jpg

Ready for winching :D

(or two days of radio and lead light attachment without starting while I fitted the Lift kit.) and the starter motor still span like a ballerina on Acid when I did finally get to the point of going for a test run. :D

£7.50 droplinks and the knocking will probably be back soon! The only ones I used to find on my saxo lasted more than a matter of months were febi bilstein ones. They are the same as the OEM Citroen ones just without the PSA packaging but a lot cheaper. But around £20 each.

No where do proper makes like lemforder?

You are both right, however thw £7.50 was a mere punt on a 'well it might be that' as I replaced both 2000 miles ago so didnt want to put £50 links in and it turn out to be CV joints ( another possible)

If I had had any certain evidence it was the drop links from the start I would have had bought good ones, but all the classic symptoms were not apparent.

Just put a coat of AG HD Wax on the BMW. It is such a perfect product.

Goes on stupidly easy, comes of totally clean, i cannot recommend the product highly enough and im a "detailing" novice so dont have any mystical techniques, i recommend it to anyone

I might try that stuff. I'm impressed with the shine and glossy protection that Simoniz Original wax gives but its as fiddly as hell to buff off if you leave it for more than a nano-second. Does the AG HD stuff buff off really easily?. What happens if you leave it more than 20 seconds??!!. :)

Used CataClean... and it actually works!! Antipollution faulty message appeared and check engine light. 1 bottle of CataClean and 50 miles later, no warning message nor check engine light :D

Bled the cooling system on the Elise, replaced several missing bolts that should have been holding the rear under trays in place, and then managed to stop the squeak from the drivers side door hinge.

I might try that stuff. I'm impressed with the shine and glossy protection that Simoniz Original wax gives but its as fiddly as hell to buff off if you leave it for more than a nano-second. Does the AG HD stuff buff off really easily?. What happens if you leave it more than 20 seconds??!!. :)

Comes off easy after 15 20 minutes. I use two mf clothes to remove. One to remove the bulk very lightly and then one to buff. Ill put up picks tomorrow

Yknow how a car is faster after you clean it, mines absolute ballistic tonight :-D

Back
Top Bottom