What have you done to your car today?

I might try that stuff. I'm impressed with the shine and glossy protection that Simoniz Original wax gives but its as fiddly as hell to buff off if you leave it for more than a nano-second. Does the AG HD stuff buff off really easily?. What happens if you leave it more than 20 seconds??!!. :)

DSC_1646.jpg

DSC_1648.jpg

DSC_1652.jpg

DSC_1649.jpg

More buggering around! :p

- Cleaned the EGR valve out
- Tested the fan, found it only works on speed 3. The one in the 75 is OK so it's having that
- Air con leak tested and regassed
- Engine mount removed from 75 and ready to fit (ran out of time)
- Xenon projectors removed from 75, polished back to as-new and fitted

Looking smart now. :cool:

Shiny M3 pics

Looking good there fella. :)

What do you folks normally use to apply wax with, sponge, polishing pad or cloth?. Read over on Detailingworld that some folk get good results with a cut piece of polishing cloth/stockinette type cloth scrunched up into a ball, rinsed with water then wrung out until damp. Then a quarter turn into the tin of wax and apply thinly from there. Sound about right?. What do you guys do?.

i used an applicator sponge for the first time (the one that came with the AG kit) and its density was just right and was far far easier than applying with a MF cloth.

I wax/seal my car with Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid. I use a foam pad and cover the whole car and then buff it off afterwards. It buffs off easy even after drying and looks blooming fantastic, I highly recommend you give it a try.

Rearranged my top mount setup on the front end coilovers as when we assembled them we did it in the wrong order, didn't affect it apart from knocking a bit on full lock at low speeds. Sorted now but also noticed the front ARB rubbers need replacing.

Looking good there fella. :)

What do you folks normally use to apply wax with, sponge, polishing pad or cloth?.

Usually just apply it with a pad then take it off with a couple of MF bonnets over the DA at it's lowest speed as I am LAZY

Today i ordered:

7 litres of Edge 0w30
Oil, air, pollen Filters and a sump plug washer.

Going to give the 330 a mini service at the weekend. Had a look at the fuel filter which looks pretty new - sure enough changed at its last service, I've already done the coolant and might do it a brake fluid flush over the next couple of weeks too if the rain stays off

Last edited:
Im going brake fluid on the Golf soon.

Going to make a point to reset the pistons back into the callipers so that everything has had a chance to move. Much less likely to seize any time in the future id think

I always extend the pistons out and give them a bit of a rub down too - most likely useless as let's face it any damage and the caliper is buggered anyway but it at least feels like you've done something useful!

Replaced a dodgy parking sensor today - nice and easy when there's already one there as I just chopped the wire off the end of the dodgy one and used that to pull the wire for the new one through!

How do you find those ramps? I've always been tempted to get a set but not sure if I'd ever fully trust them - plus it'd be a bit of a pita getting the front on them

Ramps are uber useful. I made some out of some big lumps of wood (about 2-3 inches thick) we had spare. Arguably stronger than those metal ones and the entry ramp is shallower making it easier to drive onto them.

Haha that looks a bit precarious.. A couple of big lumps of wood and some bricks is easier surely.. It gives me ideas on modifying mine so they're long enough to get the front and rear up to get fully under it though...

Last edited:
It's the "ramp to get it on the ramp" bit that's always bugged me, alternative would be to stick a jack under a central point then slide them under a bit.....but by the time you've done that it would be quicker just to put axle stands under the car.

Would be a great height for working on some of the more awkward things though, especially exhausts / anything at the back of the block

Back
Top Bottom